Epic Games had to rewrite parts of UE5 to keep up with PS5'S SSD.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That’s the point. That’s what I said earlier in the thread.

But I was called a dummie and Sony stans were convinced the SSD would result in faster install times.
If the game is being installed from disk then SSD speeds doesn't matter. Faster harddrive doesn't increase the read speed of the disk drive.

I'm confused on what is actually being debated in this thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If the game is being installed from disk then SSD speeds doesn't matter. Faster harddrive doesn't increase the read speed of the disk drive.

I'm confused on what is actually being debated in this thread
Breh. You have to go back and read the thread.

SSD was supposed to do everything.:mjlol:

I was called a dummy and moron for saying the SSD wouldn’t speed up install times cause the disc drive is the bottleneck.

Im just here to cash in on all the idiocy displayed in here.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Breh. You have to go back and read the thread.

SSD was supposed to do everything.:mjlol:

I was called a dummy and moron for saying the SSD wouldn’t speed up install times cause the disc drive is the bottleneck.

Im just here to cash in on all the idiocy displayed in here.
But the SSD does speed up install speeds if you're installing from a download. Anyone who thought the SSD would allow the ps5 to install from bluray faster is a fukking moron.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But the SSD does speed up install speeds if you're installing from a download. Anyone who thought the SSD would allow the ps5 to install from bluray faster is a fukking moron.
No, not there either. The bottleneck is the internet speed.

Yes the actual “install” of the game would be “faster” but it doesn’t result in any change to the user cause they gotta wait for the game to download anyway. Same as with a disc.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, not there either. The bottleneck
Are we not talking about install speed?

Why are you bringing up internet?
It's like you're trying to prove that theres nothing special about the SSD by pointing out a bunch of shyt that has nothing to do with the SSD.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Are we not talking about install speed?

Why are you bringing up internet?
It's like you're trying to prove that theres nothing special about the SSD by pointing out a bunch of shyt that has nothing to do with the SSD.
Again read the fukkin thread breh.

Im not the one who brung up how the HDD made downloads slow down. :heh:

When people say “installs take long” they are not talking about the 5 minutes or so it takes to install the game after a download, they are talking about the full process. Disc installs work the same way. The data is dumped on the drive which takes a long time, then the install is fairly quick. Therefore having an SSD won’t improve the overall “install” time at all.