El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why do you assume the number of innocents is high in this case? Wrongful imprisonment is horrible but most of these dudes have the gang tatted right on them.

Because not every person who has a gang tattoo is a murderer. In real life all sorts of people get forced into gangs as teenagers, do as little as possible and then leave or at least go nonactive as soon as they grow up. There are LOTS of stories of people in El Salvador being forced to join gangs even if they didn't want to. Sometimes they did it because they were afraid for their own life, sometimes they did it because they thought it would protect their family. Using, "Does he have a tattoo?" as the justification to lock someone up without trial or release date is fukking insane. I've known numerous former gang members who were amazing people, and many others who were just regular people. If you live in LA there are literally thousands of stories of gangbangers turning their lives around after a bad childhood. But, I'm sure without the slightest evidence you're going to say, "That's different there, I just know it is because I want to believe it is."

How many of those imprisoned tattooed people do you think have ever taken a life?

Daps
Get off your moral high horse. This is reality here.

There’s no easy solution to this and anything you’d enact would also lead to innocents being affected whether soft or tough on crime.
Having beliefs that we shouldn’t be taking away the rights of innocent citizens isn’t a moral high horse you fascist piece of shyt

Y’all are the first one to cop pleas when we see this happen to black folks in America with that fake ass militancy but then turn around clamor for the same shyt here..

Your “beliefs” are nonsensical and bullshyt. It always results in cause an incalculable amount of harm to people who don’t deserve it.

Gangs hurting people are bad but white cops beating our people and robbing them of their freedom is AOK. Make it make sense

The best way to attack crime has always been about fixing poverty, fully funding education, and fixing infrastructure issue. Full Stop.

But for y’all you don’t get your slab of flesh so for you that’s not an option. It’s animalistic Neanderthal behavior. It’s fukking disgusting

We literally had someone in here posting about just putting folks pulled off the streets in open graves. I mean Jesus Christ

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@GzUp, I've asked you twice how many of those imprisoned people are murderers and you've dodged my question both times. Why is that?

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch

They did talk about violence in El Salvador, I can look it up in Amnesty's annual country reports right now. But gangs aren't their organizational directive. Both of those groups have a mission explicitly focused on governmental abuses, why would they comment on sexual violence by gangs? That's like complaining that the SPLC didn't have enough criticism of Canada's covid policies. You're upset at them for not speaking often enough on something that wasn't even under their purview.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Having beliefs that we shouldn’t be taking away the rights of innocent citizens.
What should they do sir you have the answers lets hear it. Don't write no sarcastic shyt either or attack me with ad hominems.

You have a nation ran by a gang with 80,000 reported members, your country has been a world leader in murder for over a decade, and the masses are constantly extorted financially by these two gangs to the point of malcontent where you may face an exodus to immigration. What policies are you enacing lets hear it.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Extortion, one of the gangs' primary sources of income, has plummeted, many residents say. By August of last year, the transportation minister estimated bus companies had already saved around $50 million from not paying.

:whoo:

In Santa Tecla, a city just outside capital San Salvador, 45-year-old mechanic Manuel :therethere: said he had paid extortion money for 12 years. Every two weeks he gave the money to hitmen from MS-13 who threatened to kill his wife and four children if he did not pay, and he was often forced to fix the gang's cars for free. During Christmas he would pay double.

But since last July, no one has come to collect the payment, he said.

"I feel calmer, I can go for a walk. I go out to walk every night with my young children," he told Reuters. "Before I didn't even take them out."

Daps
What should they do sir you have the answers lets hear it. Don't write no sarcastic shyt either or attack me with ad hominems.

You have a nation ran by a gang with 80,000 reported members, your country has been a world leader in murder for over a decade, and the masses are constantly extorted financially by these two gangs to the point of malcontent where you may face an exodus to immigration. What policies are you enacing lets hear it.
My guy are you suggesting that there’s no middle ground between picking anyone you suspect off the streets and robbing them or due process and just letting gangs do whatever they want because if you are theres no point in responding because your not asking that question in good faith.

Not to mention it’s been suggested that the government is in bed with some of these gangs and paying them to tone down the violence. That’s already a big corruption red flag that should worry you even more than this

A fascist government having violent gangs on their payroll is no bueno

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Is this comment from the 2010s? Murder has been on a strong downward trend in El Salvador since 2016 and it hasn't been among the world leaders in murder since 2019.

696144-blank-355.png

Graphics like that really destroy the claim, "But there was no other way possible to reduce crime!!!"

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Is this comment from the 2010s? Murder has been on a strong downward trend in El Salvador since 2016 and it hasn't been among the world leaders in murder since 2019.

696144-blank-355.png

Graphics like that really destroy the claim, "But there was no other way possible to reduce crime!!!"
Again the trend is product of tough on crime policies enacted by this politician it could easily reverse. When 87 were killed in two days mostly innocent people it led to the hammer being dropped. Listen to actual Salvadoran people who feel free for the first time in their lives.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
My guy are you suggesting that there’s no middle ground between picking anyone you suspect off the streets and robbing them or due process and just letting gangs do whatever they want because if you are theres no point in responding because your not asking that question in good faith.

Not to mention it’s been suggested that the government is in bed with some of these gangs and paying them to tone down the violence. That’s already a big corruption red flag that should worry you even more than this

A fascist government having violent gangs on their payroll is no bueno
My boy provide the multi step solution and how would you enact it step by step given the issues. That's all I'm asking.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Again the trend is product of tough on crime policies enacted by this politician it could easily reverse. When 87 were killed in two days mostly innocent people it led to the hammer being dropped. Listen to actual Salvadoran people who feel free for the first time in their lives.

First off, that trend started three years before this guy even became president.

Second, I've read it was the completely opposite. Wasn't this the dictator who was in bed with the gangs, signing secret side deals and giving them privileges so long as they promised to keep their murder rates down?

Third, doesn't this disprove the claim that there was no other way to save lives? "There was no other way to have an impact except for the 6 straight years of impressive downward trend that preceded this move."

If there were "tough on crime" policies before this, then who were the 40,000 supposed savages out on the streets?

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
@GzUp, I've asked you twice how many of those imprisoned people are murderers and you've dodged my question both times. Why is that?

They did talk about violence in El Salvador, I can look it up in Amnesty's annual country reports right now. But gangs aren't their organizational directive. Both of those groups have a mission explicitly focused on governmental abuses, why would they comment on sexual violence by gangs? That's like complaining that the SPLC didn't have enough criticism of Canada's covid policies. You're upset at them for not speaking often enough on something that wasn't even under their purview.
U would never know how many are murderes, u know how many murders go unsolved in a third world country?

I knew a lady from El Salvador’s where her cousin from the states was killed when he didn’t pay the gangs rent on the last day he was there… the authorities said that they will look into the case in three months lol.

See I don’t have a problem with people killing each other if both sides understand violence, for example two different gangs killing each other… I have a problem when people who don’t understand violence get killed…. Most murders in El Salvador I’m sure it’s gang on gang but the fact that it’s a high possibility they will kill just cuz u didn’t pay rent or join a gang is mentality terrifying… they are legit terrorists, murder or not your part of that problem and the actions by the president are what many will say are not right but it needs to be done.