El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I've read it was the completely opposite. Wasn't this the dictator who was in bed with the gangs, signing secret side deals and giving them privileges so long as they promised to keep their murder rates down?

If there were "tough on crime" policies before this, then who were the 40,000 supposed savages out on the streets?
The gang is basically a nation within itself. It would be hard to do anything without having contact or negotiation with the leadership of the gangs. shyt there are more MS-13 and 18th Street members than Salvadoran military. This is a country where the gangs power rivals the government.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
First off, that trend started three years before this guy even became president.

Second, I've read it was the completely opposite. Wasn't this the dictator who was in bed with the gangs, signing secret side deals and giving them privileges so long as they promised to keep their murder rates down?

If there were "tough on crime" policies before this, then who were the 40,000 supposed savages out on the streets?
Dudes don't even think before they post they just want to be right. There is data with a simple google search that shows you this shyt never works but the coli bootstrappers like to preach tough on crime while advocating for black men in America :mjlol:

Daps
My boy provide the multi step solution and how would you enact it step by step given the issues. That's all I'm asking.
IT'S NOT fukkING HARD TO NOT ROB PEOPLE OF THEIR DUE PROCESS. That's literally what's at the heart of the argument here, they don't want to do the actual work to crackdown they went for the simplest worst solution possible :heh:

What on earth

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I want you to guess, stop dodging. Of the 40,000 imprisoned, about how many would you guess are murderers?
That would be me guessing, only god knows the truth :troll:

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Their president cares about the innocent people who were being terrorized, he has removed them from the streets. From the top of the gang to all the way down to the day ones, they all had to go. He’s setting an example and it’s working, el salvadorians will tell u.

What he did was pretty simple.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That would be me guessing, only god knows the truth :troll:

So you're sure the 40,000 people imprisoned in that place should be there and is entirely responsible for what had already been a 6-year trend in dropping murders, but you have no clue how many are actual murderers. You just feel bootlicking is appropriate and fascism is justified regardless of whether you know what the actual facts are.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The gang is basically a nation within itself. It would be hard to do anything without having contact or negotiation with the leadership of the gangs. shyt there are more MS-13 and 18th Street members than Salvadoran military. This is a country where the gangs power rivals the government.

There are twice as many active gang members in the USA as there are active military. Y'all keep dropping these sensationalist claims to justify, "Only fascism will solve this! fukk human rights!", but those claims look different in context.

If the gang's power rivals the government's power, then why was this such a one-sided battle? They arrested 67,000 people but only a tiny handful of cops were shot....how is that possible?

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Because not every person who has a gang tattoo is a murderer. In real life all sorts of people get forced into gangs as teenagers, do as little as possible and then leave or at least go nonactive as soon as they grow up. There are LOTS of stories of people in El Salvador being forced to join gangs even if they didn't want to. Sometimes they did it because they were afraid for their own life, sometimes they did it because they thought it would protect their family. Using, "Does he have a tattoo?" as the justification to lock someone up without trial or release date is fukking insane. I've known numerous former gang members who were amazing people, and many others who were just regular people. If you live in LA there are literally thousands of stories of gangbangers turning their lives around after a bad childhood. But, I'm sure without the slightest evidence you're going to say, "That's different there, I just know it is because I want to believe it is."

How many of those imprisoned tattooed people do you think have ever taken a life?

I may have missed a post or something but you using murder as a measuring stick is disingenuous as fukk. You don't need to murder people to terrorize them. You don't need to murder people to undermine your society/country. These guys aren't being executed for gang ties, they are being imprisoned for gang ties. You say that people were forced to join gangs....what exactly did they have to do to get in..to stay in....to 'get out'..etc. You already know the answer so stop taking accountability away from them.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Where were all these posters when El Salvador was having all these murders and the streets were terrorizing the innocent?

All of a sudden u guys care? And it seems u guys care about some possible innocent gang members?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve seen a couple of documentaries on the gangs of El Salvador… one guy got tired of killing and being in the run(scared for his life also) that he just killed someone to get caught so he can just go to prison and live with his homies cuz prison in El Salvador is really not that bad to them.

A lot of these gang members have mothers, so of course naturaly they are going to say there son’s are innocent, being part of the gang is illegal now and it sucks for the new comers that had to join but something had to be done going forward and this will be best for the future generation.

So no gang beef in prison?