El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The gang is basically a nation within itself. It would be hard to do anything without having contact or negotiation with the leadership of the gangs. shyt there are more MS-13 and 18th Street members than Salvadoran military. This is a country where the gangs power rivals the government.

just like italy has a mafia shadow government and it was only possible due to government incompetence and neglect of it's citizens for a power vacuum to be filled criminals.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, human rights organizations are on El Salvador’s head.

Plus there are allegations that El Salvador is cutting deals with the gangs in exchange for reduced violence.
Of course they are. As they should. As everyone does.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

I am a left leaning person but feel sometimes you have to be HARD on crime, especially if average law abiding citizen feel unsafe. Tyranny by street gangs is no better than tryanny by an authoritarian police state. With that said there are underlying socioeconomic factors that contribute to gangs that need to be addressed for any real solution.

How you guys feel about this? Are they being too oppressive?

Some of the comments on YT speak for themselves.

"I am from El Salvador, living in the USA. My uncle was killed by a gang member, while robbing him. While visiting El Salvador, my Godfather, who lives in El Salvador, and I, were robbed and almost killed by 3 gang members. I support President Nayib Bukele 100%. A lady in El Salvador, making tortillas, earning a few dollars a day was killed by gangs because one week she could not pay the $5 weekly extortion payment. She is one of thousands of innocent victims of gangs. All gang members should be executed. They are pure evil. I used to hate tattoos. Now I like them, because a gang tattoo is enough proof to arrest and prosecute. Human "criminal" rights organizations are a joke. If I had a relative, that was part of a gang. I would want that relative in prison or executed. Unlike this "blind" relatives. Viva Bukele! Long live Bukele! Bukele Rocks!"

"Only us Salvadoreans know what we have been through that's why we support everything that our president is doing for the country"

"My whole family supports Nayib Bukele. The ones in Salvador and out. They all view what he's doing as cleaning up a mess that was left to grow for decades. He isn't perfect, but he is honest. Family friends on my grandfather's side have been arrested and they completely understand why. Almost every Salvadorian supports him for a reason."

So are you saying you @ThrobbingHood @Gizza Mayne believe America should follow suit and do the same?:jbhmm:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
When the violence gets bad enough, this is the inevitable reaction.
You can work on all the long term approaches to prevent future generations from becoming gang members only AFTER you remove the immediate public safety threat.