El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
But we're supposed to somehow believe that America can't round up its gang terrorists..they want those lowlife on the street.
You want this to happen here?

Human rights organizations have reported that innocent people have been caught up in the law enforcement campaign. That includes dozens, they say, who have died in police custody.

Last year, the country's president asked congress for emergency powers to temporarily suspend some constitutional rights after a massive spike in murders attributed to gang crime.

It includes that arrests can be made without a warrant and detainees no longer have right to a lawyer. Private communications of citizens can also be accessed by the government.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
But we're supposed to somehow believe that America can't round up its gang terrorists..they want those lowlife on the street.
In America everybody will say they were “profiled” and wrongfully arrested.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is gonna back fire big time. Yeah its cool now. DMV has a lot of Salvadorans so they've been talking about this, and they all seem happy. But very ignorant to the to the on coming problems.

Like at some point, some off these folks will come out. And locking em up all together, will just make get more organized, more militant. And also we all know at some point if not already, this administration will used this to lock up potential opposition

Daps
This board is crawling with a staggering amount of insane right wing fascists. Some of the responses in here are fukking absurd. And y’all have the audacity to call other people animals :hhh:

OP just happened to leave out the part about these people being denied the right to a lawyer or how innocent people have gotten caught up in this. Imagine losing your entire life over mistaken identity or because a cop was having a bad day and didn’t like you

Last edited:

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
i have also read they go house to house looking at rent and bills
Gang members pay neither
if you cant prove how you were able to make a payment..you're gone
Nasty work

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
we need something like this in the U.S.

be ultra tough on crime and make sure there are extra resources available for those who want to do right.

you give people two paths to go down...
...if they choose harm to society we wipe our hands of them.

the problem we have is one side only wants to be tough on crime...
...and the other side only wants social programs.

you need both to see quick change.
Those of us who want more social programs and preventive measures put in place to stop crime aren’t soft on crime just because we don’t believe in throwing poor people away for bullshyt. That’s propaganda spread by sociopaths who want extreme punishment for others but of course wouldn’t want that punishment for themselves or their families. We want equal Justice for all and sensible punishment :yeshrug:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
The problem is when we do it, we fill the jails with non violent offenders like drug dealers. So when a person that busts their gun is arrested they are back on the street in 24hrs due to overcrowding. and we already have more jails than any nation in the world.
the real problem is that we don't have a Justice system, we have a legal system, and there's a big difference. if this were a true system of Justice, murderers would be given a short and fair trial, and if found guilty executed as soon as possible. the system this country has is set up for those with white skin and money. a true colorblind system of Justice would operate fairly and efficiently.

you still have men in their 50's and 60's on youtube talking about gangbangin and mafia shyt like that is something to be proud of. what el salvador is doing is extreme, but if this country weren't so fukked up off of race to where a law like that wouldn't be used to primarily target us, but would include the mafia, white extremist organizations, etc., i wouldn't have a problem with it.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Denying people the right to a lawyer and indiscriminately picking folks up off the street without needing evidence isn't something I can support.
at some point the bullshyt has to come to a cease so that decent people can have a chance at a decent life. if that means some slick talking lawyer doesn't get his fee then that's just a sacrifice that'll have to be made. and hopefully that'll send a message to all the young would-be gang members out there to straighten the fukk up and don't even think about getting involved in the bullshyt or go spend some time in the clink.