El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
we need something like this in the U.S.

be ultra tough on crime and make sure there are extra resources available for those who want to do right.

you give people two paths to go down...
...if they choose harm to society we wipe our hands of them.

the problem we have is one side only wants to be tough on crime...
...and the other side only wants social programs.

you need both to see quick change.
This is the part no one takes seriously.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
But we're supposed to somehow believe that America can't round up its gang terrorists..they want those lowlife on the street.
Well, human rights organizations are on El Salvador’s head.

Plus there are allegations that El Salvador is cutting deals with the gangs in exchange for reduced violence.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
we need something like this in the U.S.

be ultra tough on crime and make sure there are extra resources available for those who want to do right.

you give people two paths to go down...
...if they choose harm to society we wipe our hands of them.

the problem we have is one side only wants to be tough on crime...
...and the other side only wants social programs.

you need both to see quick change.
So completely bush the Constitution? You guys are insane

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
El Salvador was a failed state

I their murder rate was over 100 per 100,000 at one point insane shyt
Came here to say this shyt. We shouldn’t be looking at El Salvador for shyt. A failing state should be the only time a government a adopts the "Escape from New York" or the prison planet from "The One" system of handling crime.

Daps

I am a left leaning person but feel sometimes you have to be HARD on crime, especially if average law abiding citizen feel unsafe. Tyranny by street gangs is no better than tryanny by an authoritarian police state. With that said there are underlying socioeconomic factors that contribute to gangs that need to be addressed for any real solution.

How you guys feel about this? Are they being too oppressive?

Some of the comments on YT speak for themselves.

"I am from El Salvador, living in the USA. My uncle was killed by a gang member, while robbing him. While visiting El Salvador, my Godfather, who lives in El Salvador, and I, were robbed and almost killed by 3 gang members. I support President Nayib Bukele 100%. A lady in El Salvador, making tortillas, earning a few dollars a day was killed by gangs because one week she could not pay the $5 weekly extortion payment. She is one of thousands of innocent victims of gangs. All gang members should be executed. They are pure evil. I used to hate tattoos. Now I like them, because a gang tattoo is enough proof to arrest and prosecute. Human "criminal" rights organizations are a joke. If I had a relative, that was part of a gang. I would want that relative in prison or executed. Unlike this "blind" relatives. Viva Bukele! Long live Bukele! Bukele Rocks!"

"Only us Salvadoreans know what we have been through that's why we support everything that our president is doing for the country"

"My whole family supports Nayib Bukele. The ones in Salvador and out. They all view what he's doing as cleaning up a mess that was left to grow for decades. He isn't perfect, but he is honest. Family friends on my grandfather's side have been arrested and they completely understand why. Almost every Salvadorian supports him for a reason."

“I’m left learning BUT”

Nah ur just the standard center right authoritarian American :russ: