El Salvador builds world's largest prison to house for than 40,000 gang members. Murder rates have dropped dramatically and people feel safer

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I look to the ants.

Good ants are building the anthill. Which is critical for the total ant society.

Maybe lazy ass ants are lunching. Not helping. Just mooching. Bad behavior in the scenario where anthill = good.

Then you got the bad ants. Mfs taking dirt OFF the anthill. For whatever reason. Crazy. Jealous. Evil. Doesn't matter. The mfs taking dirt OFF the anthill are enemies of the whole society. Same as non ant opportunists and straight ant enemies.

The bad ants should be killed and eaten. The lazy ants better think twice for they ass be on the menu.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
If they picking up innocent folks in el salvador

what the fukk you think they gonna do here

they gonna pick kids who know someone who know someone, then keep them in jail with no access to a lawyer, with no calls,

all cool until its someone you know

the fukk is wrong with you clowns championing this nonsense

Last edited:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
This board is crawling with a staggering amount of insane right wing fascists. Some of the responses in here are fukking absurd. And y’all have the audacity to call other people animals :hhh:

OP just happened to leave out the part about these people being denied the right to a lawyer or how innocent people have gotten caught up in this. Imagine losing your entire life over mistaken identity or because a cop was having a bad day and didn’t like you

@Micky Mikey why did you leave that part out?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This board is crawling with a staggering amount of insane right wing fascists. Some of the responses in here are fukking absurd. And y’all have the audacity to call other people animals :hhh:

OP just happened to leave out the part about these people being denied the right to a lawyer or how innocent people have gotten caught up in this. Imagine losing your entire life over mistaken identity or because a cop was having a bad day and didn’t like you
I agree that its fukked up. But look at how many murders and other violent crime have been prevented because of this draconian approach. I wish there were other expediant AND feasible ways to reduce crime at such a dramatic rate in such a short period of time but there aren't. The underlying socioeconomic factors behind gang culture cannot be solved over night. And true systemic change would probably take an entire generation and in the meantime innocent people are being victimized and terrorized. Its a tricky situation

Last edited:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Micky Mikey why did you leave that part out?
Because I thought it was obvious that such measures would result in human rights abuses. Its mentioned in the actual video. But he's right I probably should have went into more detail. Again its a complex issue. And lefties often have naive positions on how to combat crime.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Those of us who want more social programs and preventive measures put in place to stop crime aren’t soft on crime just because we don’t believe in throwing poor people away for bullshyt. That’s propaganda spread by sociopaths who want extreme punishment for others but of course wouldn’t want that punishment for themselves or their families. We want equal Justice for all and sensible punishment :yeshrug:
its not propaganda,.

you shouldnt be able to get out of jail quickly for violent crimes.
people in Chicago have been complaining that car jackers and the like can get out easily...
...doesnt take much to look that up.

something has to be done about the crime in urban areas because that environment makes it so decent people cant do anything.

Daps
I'm certainly not a centrist. You'll start to think a little bit different when you and those close to you have been victims of violent crime.
When???? What kind of fukking statement is this :heh:

Two major fallacies in this.

1. Not everyone reacts the same way to trauma or tragedy, which has been shown time and time again throughout history. I can't say for sure how I'd respond to such an event, but neither can you.

2. You not having any conviction in your beliefs to the point that it changes you into an insane fascist when it comes to crime and punishment due to a tragedy doesn't mean I don't also have an convictions in my beliefs. If you think I don't believe in the things I say, why even engage me in the first place?