Drake- “whipped and chained you like American slaves.”

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Stop with the goofy ass whataboutism :why:. I can’t believe people on here keep falling for this.

Anybody who take that dweeb serious is a fukking idiot of the highest order. To even entertain that silly shyt he be talking about is an L. Only way I’m going back and forth with dude is to tell him how shameless he is and how much of a traumatized c00n he is.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
This is rich. So someone calling you a c00n is internalized ‘self-hate’ now :laff: :laff: . It can’t just be that you are one? You severely lack self awareness.

Mind you, this is the same clown 🤡 who promotes that “minimize contact” with black people unless meeting to do something constructive. fukk outta here with your bullshyt.

And there’s nothing “objectively worse” about any part of the song. Again, who deputized you as Coli’s thought daddy? That’s your damn problem. You can’t accept that people don’t have to agree with you. If you wanna discuss those parts of the song, do it another fukking thread.

Black people calling other Black people c00ns is trafficking in anti-Blackness, there's no way around it. If a white person called you a c00n would you contemplate that the reason might be because you're actually a c00n, probably not. The English language is expansive enough that we have a wealth of words to draw from to describes someone's behavior, calling Black people c00ns is a conscious choice.

There's an objective truth: lyrics about killing n*ggas are objectively worse than using slavery as a device to paint a picture about buying cars and jewelry, this doesn't mean the metaphor isn't distasteful or bad, I'm just pointing to the existence of a spectrum as it relates to evaluating these kinds of things.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
That cac/c00n derails every thread he enters. Always deflecting and never actually addresses the topic. Why Y'all still engage him idk :dahell:

Some of @Matt504 staunch supporters don't/can't recognize his subtle theatrics, which is ridiculing the plight of Black American culture while pretending to be a concerned/supportive ally.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Some of @Matt504 staunch supporters don't/can't recognize his subtle theatrics, which is ridiculing the plight of Black American culture while pretending to be a concerned/supportive ally.

You could do them a favor by laying out the argument so those people could break through the fog and see things for what they actually are. It should be incredibly easy considering we're on a platform where everything I say is documented.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
You shut the fukk up :rudy:
One minute it's We're American Descendants of Slaves and slave imagery galore but the moment a rapper, who descends from American Slavery calls us American Slaves it's a problem.

Muhfukkas BEEN tryna explain this shyt to yall, WTF would make you want that as our identifier??? :gucci:

Ya'll gotta hold this L

You are really stupid as fukk

He didn't call us descendants of slaves he was making light of violence against slaves you dummy.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
To be fair if Drakes father was Nigerian and he grew up in the same circumstances with a Jewish single mother in Canada people would still call him half Nigerian. The same way they call Obama Kenyan.
This is a tough one because it entangles heritage/lineage, ethnicity, race and nationality :pachaha:. I have honestly never considered Drake black American. It never mattered to me that his pops is Afram and that he got cousins in Memphis as he likes to remind us in every song lmao. He wasn’t raised around them and probably don’t even know them people. It doesn’t mean I’m denying that ethnically he is half-AA/ADOS. But to me that is not the same as identifying with us culturally. People trying to claim he is are being disingenuous.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
You are really stupid as fukk

He didn't call us descendants of slaves he was making light of violence against slaves you dummy.
You b*stards wanted this shyt in the lexicon sooooo damn bad just to turn around and get upset at the results. Once again, people been tryna explain this to yall.

Lemme guess: you REALLY thought it was gonna be one way. That everybody's gonna respectfully call us "descendants of slaves" and there won't be any double entendres, jokes, memes,etc
giphy.webp

Internet Ass delusions :snoop: I swear

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
nikkaz been using the whip and chain/slave bar for years :russell:

And I don’t know what a ‘BQ’ is. And how did OP find that tweet first thing I see when I open his twitter is the man in a bra :hhh:

For real breh im reading these comments and im trying to figure out where the problem is there have been countless whips/chains/slaves good and bad throughout rap history why is this the straw that broke the camels back???

Yall got to figure out something else to be upset about this is nonsense

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
You b*stards wanted this shyt in the lexicon sooooo damn bad just to turn around and get upset at the results. Once again, people been tryna explain this to yall.

Lemme guess: you REALLY thought it was gonna be one way. That everybody's gonna respectfully call us "descendants of slaves" and there won't be any double entendres, jokes, memes,etc
giphy.webp

Internet Ass delusions :snoop: I swear
Dude said WHIPPED like American slaves. That was in the lexicon with or without ados/fba or any other lineage based movement. I’m pretty sure you can recognize being a descendant of American slavery without tolerating some shyt like that. Your reaching is :mjlol:

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If Drake disrespected his Jewish side, the Jewish community would form like Voltron to get him to apologize at the very least if not go on a Nick Cannon tour

He disrespected black people and I've yet to hear one celebrity say something about it. And the community isn't anywhere near as loud as it would be otherwise