Drake- “whipped and chained you like American slaves.”

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
That cac/c00n derails every thread he enters. Always deflecting and never actually addresses the topic. Why Y'all still engage him idk :dahell:
He ain’t a bad dude, I talk to him mostly outside Coli. Just got some weird fukking opinions and never backs down. What I don’t think he realizes is he gives cover for a lot of non-American black folk, yt people and self-loathing c00ns to shyt on us. That’s who I suspect be cheering him on here :mjpls:. It’s wild because he be on the ADOS wave heavy while sounding like a white supremacist himself.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
He ain’t a bad dude, I talk to him mostly outside Coli. Just got some weird fukking opinions and never backs down. What I don’t think he realizes is he gives cover for a lot of non-American black folk, yt people and self-loathing c00ns to shyt on us. It’s wild because be on the ADOS wave but whikensounding like a white supremicist himself.

Are you going to get specific about how I "sound like a white supremacist" for calling out anti-Black content in rap or is that off limits too?

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
He ain’t a bad dude, I talk to him mostly outside Coli. Just got some weird fukking opinions and never backs down. What I don’t think he realizes is he gives cover for a lot of non-American black folk, yt people and self-loathing c00ns to shyt on us. That’s who I suspect be cheering him on here :mjpls:. It’s wild because he be on the ADOS wave heavy while sounding like a white supremicist himself.
Trust me he realizes it and that's why he is what he is. If that's your man's cool but he still a bytch ass nikka that gives ws talking points to deflect everytime were addressing one thing in particular. That's agent of chaos behavior at the least white supremacist behavior at the most. Couldn't catch me around him regardless.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Are you going to get specific about how I "sound like a white supremacist" for calling out anti-Black content in rap or is that off limits too?
:unimpressed: You tried (and failed) to diminish the concern many of us have over this specific lyric by drawing comparisons to other ostensibly problematic parts of the song. It’s cheap and disrespectful. On page 1 of the WS playbook that you obviously keep by your side. Who the hell are you to police what brothers should be concerned with? Assume we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:unimpressed: You tried (and failed) to diminish the concern many of us have over this specific lyric by drawing comparisons to other ostensibly problematic parts of the song. It’s cheap and disrespectful. On page 1 of the WS playbook that you obviously keep by your side. Who the hell are you to police what brothers should be concerned with? Assume we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'm not trying to diminish the concern over the lyric at all, and the "other part" of the song about killing n*ggas isn't ostensibly problematic, it is unquestionably problematic.

It's also pretty rich that the two brothers in here using the words "c00n" and "n*gga" are accusing me of sounding like a white supremacist.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I'm not trying to diminish the concern over the lyric at all, and the "other part" of the song about killing n*ggas isn't ostensibly problematic, it is unquestionably problematic.

It's also pretty rich that the two brothers in here using the words "c00n" and "n*gga" are accusing me of sounding like a white supremacist.
Whether those parts of the song are problematic is immaterial to this discussion, goofy. Make another fukking thread if you want to bytch. But you rarely do. Instead you shyt up other threads with your dumb ass musings. Other forums I’m on would’ve banned you for the behavior by now.

I very rarely use ‘c00n’ and don’t believe I referred to you as such in here. Nor did I call you a nikka. However if you have been called that recently then perhaps reflect on why.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Whether those parts of the song are problematic is immaterial to this discussion, goofy. Make another fukking thread if you want to bytch. But you rarely do. Instead you shyt up other threads with your dumb ass musings. Other forums I’m on would’ve banned you for the behavior by now.

I very rarely use ‘c00n’ and don’t believe I referred to you as such in here. Nor did I call you a nikka. However if you have been called that recently then perhaps reflect on why.

I don't have to reflect on why Black people are using anti-Black terms to refer to other Black people anymore than I have to reinvent the wheel, we have more than enough existing literature that covers internalized anti-Blackness.

I made a comment about lyrics from the same song the OP did and mentioned how one is objectively worse than the other. You could have ignored that and kept it moving but to suggest that I'm derailing or off topic is flat out wrong, to suggest that those other parts of the song are immaterial to the discussion is straight up puzzling.

If the lyrics about slavery are bad, then this suggests that there is a system with bounds where lyrics about slavery fall outside of said bounds, there must be something we can compare them to, to make such a claim.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
No :camby:. By any chance are you African American?

I don’t have a problem with that poster but I doubt they’re from here speaking like that.

To be fair if Drakes father was Nigerian and he grew up in the same circumstances with a Jewish single mother in Canada people would still call him half Nigerian. The same way they call Obama Kenyan.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I don't have to reflect on why Black people are using anti-Black terms to refer to other Black people anymore than I have to reinvent the wheel, we have more than enough existing literature that covers internalized anti-Blackness.

I made a comment about lyrics from the same song the OP did and mentioned how one is objectively worse than the other. You could have ignored that and kept it moving but to suggest that I'm derailing or off topic is flat out wrong, to suggest that those other parts of the song are immaterial to the discussion is straight up puzzling.

If the lyrics about slavery are bad, then this suggest that there is a system with bounds where lyrics about slavery fall outside of said bounds, there must be something we can compare them to, to make such a claim.
This is rich. So someone calling you a c00n is internalized ‘self-hate’ now :laff: :laff: . It can’t just be that you are one? You severely lack self awareness.

Mind you, this is the same clown 🤡 who promotes that “minimize contact” with black people unless meeting to do something constructive. fukk outta here with your bullshyt.

And there’s nothing “objectively worse” about any part of the song. Again, who deputized you as Coli’s thought daddy? That’s your damn problem. You can’t accept that people don’t have to agree with you. If you wanna discuss those parts of the song do it another fukking thread.