Drake- “whipped and chained you like American slaves.”

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
My point isn't about Drake or what he meant, Idk why people can't get past that. It's the kinda phenomenon an identifier like that can introduce and he made a stark example, no matter what he meant.

And breh, these are the same cats that casually talk about "Bedwenches" all day like that shyt doesn't have serious history and trauma behind it but we're talking about one line Drake :stopitslime:
No one is identifying as an American slave though:why:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
What if a rapper said "bake something something like something" shyt wouldn't even make it out of the recording studio.
Facts. How this shyt even made it to the point of being released is beyond me

Daps
whoa so you can be a Foundational Black American despite not being a citzen?

Drake commits a felony and his so called FBA ass gets deported to Canada along with Tether Tori Lanez.

By that line of reasoning then Ice Space is FBA too.

Drake was always a dual citizen of the US due to his father being American. Look it up. I dont think he can be deported actually. :mjgrin:

That's like trying to deport Barack Obama. Although I do remember Trump floating that idea during the Obama presidency :mjgrin:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why does he keep bringing this slavery shyt up?!? Who is writing this trash for him???:dead: is he trying to say hes better than him?!?:what:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Drake was always a dual citizen of the US due to his father being American. Look it up. I dont think he can be deported actually. :mjgrin:

That's like trying to deport Barack Obama. Although I do remember Trump floating that idea during the Obama presidency :mjgrin:
Listen Man you were "done" with me when I couldn't qoute every verse and listened to every analysis Akademiks said on the matter.

All I know is if you're not born on US soil and not parents of Military members instant Tether status.

Ain't no opinion Drake gets a felony he gets a one way ticket back to the 6 that is the law.

About the FBA thing in general we agree that Tariq came up with the concept.

If Roland Martin is non FBA because of a Haitain Greatgrandparent then Drake defenitely ain't.

If Drake is FBA certified despite also being certified small hat then these guys are defnitely FBA

and if you do think their FBA then you'd better tell that to the State department because I promise you they can't get a visa to come to america.

Daps
Listen Man you were "done" with me when I couldn't qoute every verse and listened to every analysis Akademiks said on the matter.

All I know is if you're not born on US soil and not parents of Military members instant Tether status.

Ain't no opinion Drake gets a felony he gets a one way ticket back to the 6 that is the law.

About the FBA thing in general we agree that Tariq came up with the concept.

If Roland Martin is non FBA because of a Haitain Greatgrandparent then Drake defenitely ain't.

If Drake is FBA certified despite also being certified small hat then these guys are defnitely FBA

and if you do think their FBA then you'd better tell that to the State department because I promise you they can't get a visa to come to america.

So you're saying that the US law that says that if you have an American parent and you are born in another country, that you're American...

You're telling me to disregard decades of US policy and listen to you?

How is Drake going to be deported when he literally has US citizenship?

You can Google this stuff before you reply to me, breh :gucci: you're wasting my time and yours

:deadrose:

And I was joking about the FBA thing, you know I think Tariq is a clown:what:

Facts are that Drake is an American Descendant of Slaves (ADOS). Please Google first if you plan to respond again.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
So you're saying that the US law that says that if you have an American parent and you are born in another country, that you're American...

You can Google this stuff before you reply to me, breh :gucci: you're wasting my time and yours

Facts are that Drake is an American Descendant of Slaves (ADOS). Please Google first if you plan to respond again.
My guy if you're born over seas with the exception of being a child of military members you're not automatically granted citizenship.

fukk Google I am living overseas I got a buddy who just had a baby with a Colombian woman He is Filing for US citizenship for that child

Again I don't know too much about Drake but I do know that if he was born in Canada and grew up there His father had to file for him or he got citizenship as a musician.

Additionally anyone born overseas citizen or not can and will be deported if they commit a felony, Again as a passport Bro I know this because I know people it happened to.

There's a whole shadow VA office of deported Veterans in Tiajuana Mexico:

nikkas literally bled for this country didn't matter they were deported anyway

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

Then why say it?

Listen I'm not saying I can't be wrong but I don't be randomly talking out my ass. In the Jamaican Posse thread I said a lot of those guys where deported so it's hard to google shyt that I know for a fact to be true but I did it anyway so here you go:

Felony incarceration and citizenship​

Google Classroom

Overview​

• A felony is a serious crime that is punishable by a minimum term of one year in state or federal prison or death.
  • Felony incarceration is the period of time that a citizen who has been convicted of a felony spends in state or federal prison.
  • A felony conviction can affect citizenship in two ways. 1) A naturalized US citizen can lose their citizenship if they concealed this criminal history during the naturalization process. 2) A citizen who is convicted of a felony may lose some of their rights while incarcerated as well as after their release. This includes being disenfranchised, or no longer having the right to vote.

What is the impact of a felony on citizenship?​

A felon is a person who has been convicted of a felony, which is a serious crime punishable by death or a minimum term of one year in state or federal prison. Most felons are U.S. citizens. The majority of them are born in the U.S. and are citizens since birth. But what about those who became citizens after immigrating to this country? If they commit a felony will this revoke their citizenship? No, once someone has become a naturalized citizen, they have all the rights that other U.S. citizens have. This includes being a permanent citizen, and, according to the law, their citizenship cannot be taken away. There is, however, one exception to this.
Remember, the naturalization process? An important part of the application process is a determination of whether or not an applicant is of “good moral character.” As part of this, they must be fingerprinted and pass an FBI background check to determine if they have a criminal record. If an immigrant obtains citizenship through naturalization by concealing a material fact or by willful misrepresentation (they lied about or concealed something during the naturalization process like having a criminal history), they can be denaturalized. Denaturalization is the legal process in which US citizens involuntarily lose their citizenship.

How does felony incarceration impact the rights of a citizen?​

Felony incarceration is the period of time that a citizen who has been convicted of a felony spends in state or federal prison. US citizens may lose some of their rights while incarcerated as well as after their release. What rights do felons lose during and after incarceration? Well, that is up to the individual states. States have the ability to decide which rights a citizen loses when they are convicted of a felony as well as which rights can be regained once the citizen is released from prison, from parole, and from probation. Rights that could be taken away from convicted felons vary from state to state, but often include:

Voting​

Felony disenfranchisement differs from state to state. As of 2019, 2 states have no voting restrictions for felons, 18 disenfranchise felons while they are imprisoned, 3 disenfranchise felons while they are imprisoned and during parole, 17 disenfranchise felons while they are imprisoned, during parole, and during probation, and 11 disenfranchise felons while they are imprisoned, during parole, during probation, as well as post-sentence.
Recently, there has been a trend toward reinstating felons’ right to vote either after incarceration or some time after, but these policy changes are made on a state-by-state basis.

Jury Duty​

Some states prohibit felons from serving on a jury while others prohibit them from serving for a certain period of time post-conviction. Most states prohibit felons from serving on juries if they are currently a defendant in a trial at that time.

Possessing or purchasing a firearm​

The federal law (18 U.S.C. 922(g)) states that anyone convicted of a felony cannot possess or purchase a firearm.

Traveling outside the country​

Although felons may leave the US, if they have an approved passport, other countries can deny them entry. If a felon is still on probation; however, they must get approval from their probation officer beforehand in order to travel.

Parental rights​

Although a convicted felon is not removed of their parental rights, the conviction could make it difficult to win in custody battles.

Employment in certain professions​

Certain professions that require licenses such as teachers, day care workers, law enforcement agencies, and the military ban felons from being employed in that field.

Public assistance and housing​

Convicted felons who received Social Security are not allowed to access benefits while they are incarcerated. Access to other benefits varies depending on the regulations of individual states.

What do you think?​

• Do you think naturalized citizens should be denaturalized if discovered they were convicted of a felony prior to becoming a US citizen? Why or why not?
  • Do you think that protection of a felon’s rights as a citizen should be a state or federal decision or a combination of both?
  • Is the variation of felony disenfranchisement across states in the US fair? Why or why not?

QuestionsTips & Thanks

My guy Trump ran on the fact that there are states where they don't ask for citizenship when arrested so that you don't automatically get deported but once the Feds find out you're shown the door.