Drake- “whipped and chained you like American slaves.”

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I can’t believe people are in here claiming this man is “ADOS”. He was raised by his white Jewish mother in Canada. Culturally he is the farthest thing from it so I have never considered him black American. Regardless the line is trash and mad disrespectful and he deserves heat for it. Noticed it when I first heard the song on Friday. Haven’t listened since.

Garbage bar aside, ADOS/FBA is lineage. That's different than culture.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
You are not ADOS by default. It’s an affiliation that one chooses. It may have started off simply to denote lineage but it’s metastasized into a political and cultural movement as well :hubie:.
If your a black American of the lineage, you literally are an American descendant of slavery. It’s really not something you could disagree with

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
If you are ok with having your national identity be coined with a term descendent of slave , you are a fukking idiot. Y’all think our real civil rights leaders would think that was anything other than a demeaning.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You are not ADOS by default. It’s an affiliation that one chooses. It may have started off simply to denote lineage but it’s metastasized into a political and cultural movement as well :hubie:.

Lol yes you are.

If your direct descendants were slaves...in America. You're ADOS. It's kinda not disputable. Sure we can get into the weeds about how much blood and all that.
But for the MAJORITY of Black people in America...they are ADOS...the moment they are born.

Drake is ADOS. :manny: Doesn't matter how I feel about it.

Daps
The topic is about Drake disrespecting ADOS, how am I deflecting if I'm mentioning other ADOS disrespect in the very same song?

Calling Black people "c00ns" is also ADOS disrespect but it's clear that the outrage is conditional as it relates to ADOS disrespect.

:manny:
stop derailing the focus of our discussion. your contribution to this thread is no different than someone asking about gun violence in chicago after a mass shooting.

:unimpressed:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
stop derailing the focus of our discussion. your contribution to this thread is no different than someone asking about gun violence in chicago after a mass shooting.

:unimpressed:

Not even, it's pointing out that in this one song, the person who made light of Black people being enslaved, also mentions paying to have a Black person killed.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Garbage bar aside, ADOS/FBA is lineage. That's different than culture.
If your a black American of the lineage, you literally are an American descendant of slavery. It’s really not something you could disagree with
Lol yes you are.

If your direct descendants were slaves...in America. You're ADOS. It's kinda not disputable. Sure we can get into the weeds about how much blood and all that.
But for the MAJORITY of Black people in America...they are ADOS...the moment they are born.

Drake is ADOS. :manny: Doesn't matter how I feel about it.
I don’t consider myself ADOS but don’t have an issue with people who choose to do so. As much as I hate Tariq I’d much rather label myself FBA if forced to choose. At this point I still refer to myself as African American or black although I agree both terms are antiquated and messy.

As for Drake I have already acknowledged that he is half-AA only as it relates to his ethnicity and lineage. So to the extent that ADOS is limited to either of those I will agree with you. I just happen to believe these distinctions/delineations encompass much more.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I get what you’re saying and I feel your frustration, brother. But Drake didn’t mean it in the sense of ADOS :pachaha:. He was just saying some fukk shyt about slavery here. Completely unnecessary for him to add the ‘American’ distinction. fukk him and I say that as a fan.
My point isn't about Drake or what he meant, Idk why people can't get past that. It's the kinda phenomenon an identifier like that can introduce and he made a stark example, no matter what he meant.

And breh, these are the same cats that casually talk about "Bedwenches" all day like that shyt doesn't have serious history and trauma behind it but we're talking about one line Drake :stopitslime: