Does any other Workout brehs not do squats or deadlifts?

Zyne

Legend
Supporter
Daps
As long as you lift with proper form, don't ego lift, and warm up correctly (start light i.e. empty barbell and increase the weight by 20-50 lbs to your actual working sets), you're not gonna blow your back out.

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
I squat and deadlift every week. Just make sure you are using correct form. If you are going to lift heavy, I suggets you use a belt and also use knee wraps (for squatting).

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I see no reason to do squats or deadlifts anymore at my age and the length Ive been lifting... Mainly because of my leg injuries

I'm not playing football or no shyt like that

I do hella hamstring curls and calf raises tho :yeshrug:

Back in the day I warmed up with 225lb.

At one point I could do 400lbs 10+ times

Tore a bicep doing 400+ deadlifts

Now I rarely lift heavy or do major weights on squats (135 at most)

I even don't clean heavy. Ill so half cleans at 135 and bounce

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
For tall guys, you want to stay away from two things; long distance running and squatting, you want your knees for walking upright later in life. Leg press and sumo squats all day. In general, knee lifts are far more beneficial...plus I'm not trying to snap my shyt. When I used to wrestle, it was always leg presses never squats. Thankfully I had a coach who understood that, had 3 guys on my team blow out their knees.... :huhldup:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I know of considerably more injuries from people doing the "safer" lifts like leg extensions

(Using too much weight and locking out at the top putting intense pressure right on your knee cap and ACL)

and the "trusty" old leg Press

(Ass coming up off the seat trying to push more plates than you're capable of at the time and stacking all that weight right on your spine. Eventually messing up your lower back)

than squats and deads.

I get the fear some have and thus why these threads stay getting made and demonizing the lifts. .. but a healthy individual with proper form, programming and progression isn't gonna run into the snap city boogeyman some folks think is coming for anyone who squats/deadlifts.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
For tall guys, you want to stay away from two things; long distance running and squatting, you want your knees for walking upright later in life. Leg press and sumo squats all day. In general, knee lifts are far more beneficial...plus I'm not trying to snap my shyt. When I used to wrestle, it was always leg presses never squats. Thankfully I had a coach who understood that, had 3 guys on my team blow out their knees.... :huhldup:
If you feel knee pain while/after squatting your form is off.

OR the weight is too heavy for you.

I'm tall and old. I do more flexibility exercises than I used and I don't go heavy any more.

I believe in use it or lose it

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
If you feel knee pain while/after squatting your form is off.

OR the weight is too heavy for you.

I'm tall and old. I do more flexibility exercises than I used and I don't go heavy any more.

I believe in use it or lose it

I sit there like :merchant: whenever some guys knees start buckling with heavy squat reps....I can't, I rather not even do squats with how scary it could be recovering from that kind of pain/injury.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
I do a bodyweight-based workout specifically with the goal of being able to do a planche, muscle up, human flag etc. My lower body exercises consist of lunges, bodyweight squats, pistol squats and so on.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
Mfs are running from doing squats like its the school bully in here. :stopitslime:
Keep your puss e asses inside during all recesses and lunch time for the rest of the school year.
:ufdup:

And just stay out of the gym For the rest of your life period:childplease: