Does any other Workout brehs not do squats or deadlifts?

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
For tall guys, you want to stay away from two things; long distance running and squatting, you want your knees for walking upright later in life. Leg press and sumo squats all day. In general, knee lifts are far more beneficial...plus I'm not trying to snap my shyt. When I used to wrestle, it was always leg presses never squats. Thankfully I had a coach who understood that, had 3 guys on my team blow out their knees.... :huhldup:
Ty... Yes I'm 6'4 this is good to know. I'll cut back on squats a bit n substitute leg presses instead.

Robo Squirrel

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I know of considerably more injuries from people doing the "safer" lifts like leg extensions

(Using too much weight and locking out at the top putting intense pressure right on your knee cap and ACL)

and the "trusty" old leg Press

(Ass coming up off the seat trying to push more plates than you're capable of at the time and stacking all that weight right on your spine. Eventually messing up your lower back)

than squats and deads.

I get the fear some have and thus why these threads stay getting made and demonizing the lifts. .. but a healthy individual with proper form, programming and progression isn't gonna run into the snap city boogeyman some folks think is coming for anyone who squats/deadlifts.
It's all about proper form + proper weight! You will be fine.
/thread

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I do the quad/hamstring machines, and leg press. That's where it stops.

Breh stop it and do some compound lifts.

If you're worried about injuring yourself then just start with super light weights.

Yes, squatting is going to feel awkward at first. Keep doing it you'll get it.

Yes, deadlifting will feel awkward at first. Keep doing it you'll get it.

Just start light. You'll be fine. Thank us later.

Daps

*Deadlift PERFECT FORM*

Just finished my set. I felt no strain whatsoever.
:salute::salute::salute::salute::noah:,:myman:

this is wrong on many levels, but this quote takes the cake, "the deadlift is one of the most commonly wrong done exercises I have ever seen." and then he proceeds to endorse a horrible deadlift. I guess with her tiits hanging out he got distracted. Yo ace that was an ugly pull. next is this doosey, "a lot of people lift with their quads, its like doing a squat guys, so its like no different than doing a squat or a deadlift except that the bar is in a different position," wow just wow. A squat is not a quad exercise. Unless your feet are together in suction cup shoes and you are on a smith press. anyway good luck with getting your eyes refocused there skippy. maybe you will spot another horrible deadlift.

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just deadlift 135, you don't have to deadlift more than that.

You are going to have to either deadlift or squat, pick one. Deadlift is more fun, I dont like back squats. I will do any type of squat except a back squat. I'd rather use a leg press.

Robo Squirrel

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
this is wrong on many levels, but this quote takes the cake, "the deadlift is one of the most commonly wrong done exercises I have ever seen." and then he proceeds to endorse a horrible deadlift. I guess with her tiits hanging out he got distracted. Yo ace that was an ugly pull. next is this doosey, "a lot of people lift with their quads, its like doing a squat guys, so its like no different than doing a squat or a deadlift except that the bar is in a different position," wow just wow. A squat is not a quad exercise. Unless your feet are together in suction cup shoes and you are on a smith press. anyway good luck with getting your eyes refocused there skippy. maybe you will spot another horrible deadlift.
Stop deflecting.

Your moist!

:yeshrug:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Squatting and deadlifting are extremely dangerous and bad for your knees and back. Please do not perform these exercises, they are outdated and should no longer be allowed.

Last edited:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I don’t skip leg day how the hell am I supposed to fit all the fashionable slim jeans?
My biggest concern. Im 6'4 and already having trouble finding fashionable jeans that fit properly. I just do leg extension and leg presses. You can get good gains without risking your spine from any damage. Im just looking for decent lower body strength. I'm not a professional athlete so why lift like one.

And aesthetics > strength. I seen so many dudes that look like complete shyt that can bench 300+. And don't look like they ever worked out a day in they life.