Does any other Workout brehs not do squats or deadlifts?

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
My biggest concern. Im 6'4 and already having trouble finding fashionable jeans that fit properly. I just do leg extension and leg presses. You can get good gains without risking your spine from any damage. Im just looking for decent lower body strength. I'm not a professional athlete so why lift like one.

And aesthetics > strength. I seen so many dudes that look like complete shyt that can bench 300+. And don't look like they ever worked out a day in they life.
Same. Im not in it to be a big ass BB lookin mf.
Just lift what you can and stay healthy shyt.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I've never been able to squat effectively. Was finally seeing improvements over the past year before I hurt my lower back around the last week of this past May.

I actually posted it in the gym's random thoughts thread, I thought I slipped a disc. Doc told me he didn't believe that I had a slipped disc based on his examination, but nonetheless I'm just barely getting back to feeling 100%.

That pain was no joke, you literally can't do anything without wincing. Can't sit without having to constantly adjust, afraid to turn to your side when you're laying down, dropping something on the floor and suddenly panicking just trying to figure out how you're gonna manage to pick it up.. :sadcam:

Part of me believes that my collapsed arch in both my feet play a huge role in my posture / low back problems, but at this point I'm too shook to even try squatting again. :snoop:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually fukked my back up doing leg extensions than squats or deadlifts;Imagine that. You’d think the supposedly safer exercise will actually protect you but nah.

Also, I never ever ego lift. Had to go way down again in deadlift just to make sure my form was right and then do slow increases every week. Not interested in squatting or deadlifting super huge numbers anyway.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I don't how anyone works out not doing squats. Deadlifts i kinda get cause i fukked up my back one time doing.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You really don't have to squat if you don't want to

And I was a big advocate of the squat...

Not really anymore and you don't really need high weight. Jumping lunges (with dumbells), back exstensions (also help hammstrings) leg press, hamstring curls, etc.

Trust me. Squats are great for your cardio, core, hitting most of your legs fairly easily but its not a requirement

Ive had 2 leg surgeries. I freeweight squat 135/20 for 2 sets, machine press about 275 working my way up for about 3 sets, hamstring curls for 5 sets, and do calves mixed in with shoulder shrugs about 2 days a week..

Then when hitting heavybag I do about 50-150 bodyweight squats before every workout (mainly to practice dipping/slipping but it's basically a squat)

Thats it. If you don't squat just go higher reps/volume on other leg exercises. I don't deadlift anymore but never cared to with a straight bar. Straight bars is all my gym has

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Bodyweight Single legs squats are a good alternative for those afraid of the weights. I've been doing single-leg squats with my weight vest for about two weeks now can really see the definition in my quads and it's helped my bad knee a lot.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I don’t deadlift but I squat

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I was one of those trying to push as much weight as I can with squats and deadlifts. Then I said to myself “the fukk is you doing? You ain’t competing or trying to get on mens fitness. You fukk up your back and it’s a wrap!”

Stuck to machines ever since.