Dark skin women are still THIS insecure ?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I agree it is very weird, but I will tell you White men are very vocal about the physical preferences they like in women as well.

I went to school with White boys and have worked around them for years in more professional settings and most of them prefer slender or slim built women with tanned skin, light colored eyes, light colored hair, and optional large breasts.
Oh- we all know what WM prefer- I get it. What I’m saying is, are they loudly yelling that preference up and down on social media? You have masses of white dudes saying “Hey, I prefer blond/blue eyes. That’s it, that’s my preference”.
Or do you just see them post up their girl/wife who has those physical traits?

Brunettes and redheads know what the beauty standard is in the white community, but I promise they don’t see masses of white dudes they know (or don’t) proclaiming this preference all over social media or in music.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why Brehs do this,:snoop: it backfires and creates an enivornment where light skin black women think they are a prize and feel too good for most Brehs. Dark Skin Black Women begin to hate themselves and look at other options, so now you have this low trust confusing dating environment over beauty standards we were unfortunately bystanders in creating.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
I’m pretty sure the breh was :troll: and actually agreeing with you :gucci:

I disagree with both of y’all tho. Maybe nowadays rappers be on some bullshyt but in my youth, rappers put black women on a pedestal. Rappers were prolly the main ones who made fat asses attractive and black women were known for them. This was before most people even knew bout non Mexican Latin women like that.
I'm just poking at breh from a dust up in a previous thread. But his point is wrong. Hip hop is a symptom of a larger issue black men have with DSBW. And you are right, rap back in the day promoted a certain body type amongst bw, lite and dark. Plus, there has been a concerted push to feature more dsbw in videos as a reaction to the swirly, exotic broads (considered pandering in some circles). At the risk of sounding like a twitter bird myself, colorism is probably the culprit.

Superstar
Daps
Why are lightskin dudes catching strays in the comment section? :what:

Because dark skin women are insecure. Dude who made the post isn’t even light skinned

he's like Gherbo color. maybe not very light, but if i had to put him a category it'd be light.

262445864_1565784020465295_8804418260727474446_n.jpg

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I'm just poking at breh from a dust up in a previous thread. But his point is wrong. Hip hop is a symptom of a larger issue black men have with DSBW. And you are right, rap back in the day promoted a certain body type amongst bw, lite and dark. Plus, there has been a concerted push to feature more dsbw in videos as a reaction to the swirly, exotic broads (considered pandering in some circles). At the risk of sounding like a twitter bird myself, colorism is probably the culprit.
Yea I was actually gone say something similar

Brehs who prefer dark skinned women can’t win because if we say it, it’s considered pandering or trying to be different. Ironically some of those accusations will come from dark skinned women themselves.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
I think the issue is WHY do multiple brehs feel the need to share that they prefer LS women?
You rarely see men exclaiming their “preference” for DS or “brown skin” all over social media, or in entertainment. There is this NEED to proclaim LS is the best/most attractive.

It’s like if white dudes were all up and down the timeline saying “All I want is a blond w/blue eyes because that’s my preference”. Ppl have their physical preferences, but no one is loudly yelling that shyt out for the world and ostracizing all the other women on their timeline. It’s just weird.
Cause they're lames.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Thread went just like I thought it would :russ:
Now let this be the inverse
nikkas would be running around with Vibranium shields:mjlol:
Well I ain’t ever heard that shyt from a woman irl headass:pachaha:
This is how I know you bytch ass nikkas are just inside and not outside
I’ve had some of the most detestable shyt said to me by women my own complexion
But I don’t be hootin and hollering about it
You fukk with me
I was fukking with you
But I see the serial rapist of thecoli
And the bih married to a whole Arab man in here(let’s not even start on their colorism/caste system) writing bullshyt like the rest of you chumps:dead:
No nuance or truth on this board whatsoever
Cosplaying, hypocritical ass geeks :Kd:

Last edited:
Daps
kids were very mean to dark skin people when I was growing up, I imagine not much has changed. Them jokes stick and form personality flaws:yeshrug:its unfortunate.
Where I'm from, it was mostly dark skin folks.

Light skints was cool and didn't start shyt. Dark skints was cool and didn't start shyt.

Brown skint nikkas always talked the most shyt and routinely got their azz handed to them by dark skint nikkas so :manny: . But the brehs in general got along. Light/brown/dark brehs all got girls....no beefs.

With the females......seemed like the lite brite females got the most play by far. Dudes were lusting. Dark skin and brown skin girls that were considered "pretty" got A LOT of attention as well.

Big difference was the average light skin girl vs the average brown/dark girl. Average light skints got treated like 7s when they were 5s.

I just chased after dark skin Black girls and white girls and left the lite brites to the other nikkas.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
The thing about these colorism bytches is they seem to have no idea what light skinned is. They all wanna act like they dark skinned. bytches be light as hell talking bout colorism. :mjlol: . bytch I know Indians darker than you

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Yea I was actually gone say something similar

Brehs who prefer dark skinned women can’t win because if we say it, it’s considered pandering or trying to be different. Ironically some of those accusations will come from dark skinned women themselves.
A lot of it is pandering. At least from what I've seen, because their actions ain't reflected in their dating choices. The ones who love and want to date dark-skinned women just do it. The ones who do that "blacker the berry" talk stay dating light, white and bright from what I've seen.

One thing I've noticed on the Internet is that a lot of folks who love to shout their preferences from rooftop.....are rarely actually WITH their "preference". Divestors, PAWG-chasers, and more are usually by themselves or with the complete opposite of the type of person they claim to "prefer". :sas2: