Dark skin women are still THIS insecure ?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Y’all might think I’m bullshytting but I can honestly say I have not ever seen this Black American vs African/Diaspora war shyt prior to The Coli

I won’t ever forget this one night I met this Nigerian breh from The UK. When I first got out there (UK) some brehs I went to the club with left me out there and my dumb ass spent all my money and didn’t even have enough to get a cab back to base. I didn’t know breh from a hole in a wall and he saw me looking stressed and came up to me asking what was wrong. I told him I just got out there, had no money for a cab and don’t even know which direction the base is even if I did choose to walk. He handed me a 20 pound bill and I was like “I appreciate you man but I can’t accept that, this ain’t your fault”. And he said to me “nah don’t even worry bout it, it’s about time us young black brothers started sticking together.” He was my homeboy the rest of the time I was out there :wow:

And I got plenty other stories bout me and Africans/European/Caribbean blacks where it was all Love, very few if any where it was anything else

This Diaspora Wars nonsense is some shyt created by the internet :unimpressed:
Breh let's not act like the diaspora nonsense is only a coli/internet thing although it's not as prevalent like people on both sides to try to make it seem.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Dark skin black women are insecure and that’s because of RAPPERS.

But they’re a protected class so y’all will NEVER call them out but then will be in another thread whining about “the manosphere” :unimpressed:
What rappers do?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Interesting perspective..

But, I don't quite get the DSBM being put on a pedestal statement?

I wanna know when did this happen? I am not talking about athletes, celebrities and entertainers..

I am talking about your average run of the mill DS dude.

As someone who is DS, I certainly wasn't put on anyone's pedestal! Not saying that I should have been nor desired to be put on one..

Tbh..

I find it sad that colorism is still alive today..

Smh..

Also, the dude who made that comment about DSW not being as attractive as LSW is an idiot! I hope no BW internalize what dude said because he only speaks for himself!
Here are some tweets (and peep the comments & the amount of likes):

There's plenty more posts like this all over social media. I never see tweets like this about light skin Black men

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here are some tweets (and peep the comments & the amount of likes):

There's plenty more posts like this all over social media. I never see tweets like this about light skin Black men

Sounds like those women was fetishizing DSBM more than pedestalizing them. These women did the same shyt BP accuse non BP of doing.

All those young women discussed was these men's dikks. None said shyt about the men's personalities, characters, dispositions nor did they tweet about starting families with these men.

Then one of them said she tried DS dikk for the 1st time (as an grown ass adult!) So, what was she on prior to her 1st sexual encounter with a DSBM?

The truth of the matter us that aside from personal preferences & fetishes, nothing has changed much. Beauty standards are pretty much dictated by non-BP. BP still have self esteem issues and the prevailing conditions f BP face as a collective is trending on a downward scale...Smh

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Sounds like those women was fetishizing DSBM more than pedestalizing them. These women did the same shyt BP accuse non BP of doing.

All those young women discussed was these men's dikks. None said shyt about the men's personalities, characters, dispositions nor did they tweet about starting families with these men.

Then one of them said she tried DS dikk for the 1st time (as an grown ass adult!) So, what was she on prior to her 1st sexual encounter with a DSBM?

The truth of the matter us that aside from personal preferences & fetishes, nothing has changed much. Beauty standards are pretty much dictated by non-BP. BP still have self esteem issues and the prevailing conditions f BP face as a collective is trending on a downward scale...Smh
Yeah, I fully agree with you. Many Black women (not all) will claim that only White/non-Black women fetishize Black men but then don't see or don't care that they fetishize darkskin Black men.

However, I've seen other posts from Black women where they say stuff like they "would never date a lightskin man", "lightskin men are going to want to wear my clothes", "lightskin men are soft, they can't protect me", "What am I gonna do with a lightskin man besides beat him up?", etc.

It's very sad to see.

Daps
my question is, why do SOME dark skin Black women have more smoke for Black men that prefer light skin Black women than they do for Black men who prefer white women ?

I never understood this logic
Because Black men that date light skinned women will be THEEEE MOST militant.

"I could never chase a snowbunny"

"Look at these self hating kewns dating white women"

"I prefer to build with a Black woman so my kids are Black"

.........but then end up with a light skinned broad that can pass the paper bag test. Basically it comes across as hypocritical to call a pawger color struck if all a breh dates are light brites. The pawger is bold enough to get the real deal while the half-stepper wants lite skin without the baggage.

Whether this is a legit theory...who knows...but I get where they're coming from.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Because Black men that date light skinned women will be THEEEE MOST militant.

"I could never chase a snowbunny"

"Look at these self hating kewns dating white women"

"I prefer to build with a Black woman so my kids are Black"

.........but then end up with a light skinned broad that can pass the paper bag test. Basically it comes across as hypocritical to call a pawger color struck if all a breh dates are light brites. The pawger is bold enough to get the real deal while the half-stepper wants lite skin without the baggage.

Whether this is a legit theory...who knows...but I get where they're coming from.

I disagree, but it's all good we can agree to disagree

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Breh let's not act like the diaspora nonsense is only a coli/internet thing although it's not as prevalent like people on both sides to try to make it seem.
If you had bad personal experiences with non Black American Black people, I def won’t discount your experiences. I’m just saying I had no idea this was even a thing till a few years ago on here.

Not saying it started on the Coli, but SM/internet in general made it bigger than whatever it was prior like most other things.

I’m aware it ain’t all Love, I heard of some using the word “akata” and stupid shyt like that but I still think the internet overall make it seem bigger than it really is

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have a dog in this fight. I just like to see women go from yassing & "protect black women" together when Tory Lanez got convicted to this.

I'm counting down the days to when Nicki get to firing strays at Glorilla on Twitter.
:blessed:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I fully agree with you. Many Black women (not all) will claim that only White/non-Black women fetishize Black men but then don't see or don't care that they fetishize darkskin Black men.

However, I've seen other posts from Black women where they say stuff like they "would never date a lightskin man", "lightskin men are going to want to wear my clothes", "lightskin men are soft, they can't protect me", "What am I gonna do with a lightskin man besides beat him up?", etc.

It's very sad to see.

Here is the thing...

I believe that people use skin color as an excuse to not address more important issues that prevails in the Black community.

Next, both DS & LS Black people deal with subtle and overt forms of discrimination whether it be within the Black community or amongst non Blacks.

When a BW says that she prefers DSBM while tearing down LSBM, it doesn't make me feel better about myself nor do I look at her/them in a positive light. I think it is ignorant of any Black person to make value judgments based on someone's skin tone.

LSBM isn't less masculine nor are they softer than their DS counterparts. LS Brehs do quite well with BW of all hues and always have, so I don't buy into the slandering of them by some Black people.

It simply comes down to who one is as a person. You can be any hue and either have success in the dating world or not.

I just want Black pepper to get off the colorism nonsense and focus on more important things. A person who is righteous is righteous. A person who is foul is foul. Doesn't matter how a person look. It is always how a person acts.