Dark skin women are still THIS insecure ?

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
why is many bw's preference a dark skin man with nice teeth. sounds like slave description
What many people on the Internet define as a "preference" for DS folks is really closer to a "fetish" if we're being honest. Overall, it happens more to DS women from what I've seen, but it's been an increasing amount of women fetishizing DS men openly for the past few years or so. :coffee:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I don't know. When I hear someone prefer a certain skin tone compared to say, the intangible traits, like personality etc, or physical traits, like a big ass or titties, but going STRAIGHT to skin color is odd as hell to me and a little close-minded. People don't understand that society has conditioned a lot of people to like a certain thing or type subconsciously. Basically just keep that shyt to yourself.

If ya'll notice, darker skinned people aren't treated well ANYWHERE in the world. Look at South America, Europe, China, Japan, etc, even within their own ethnicity/nationality.

Last edited:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
my question is, why do SOME dark skin Black women have more smoke for Black men that prefer light skin Black women than they do for Black men who prefer white women ?

I never understood this logic

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
As someone who is dark skinned and born here but not “ADOS”….all you kneegas have blood on your hands. The anti-black self hate roots started in grade school and it’s STILL embedded in most American black folk.

Let a “FBA/ADOS” debate pop off and all that anti-Africa anti-melanin self hate will come screaming out :scust:

I say all that to say…I’m quite amused at all these holier than thou comments :childplease:
nikka… :comeon:

The first time I ever heard the term “good hair” was from my ex-Caribbean girlfriend and she heard that from her grandmother.

And skin bleaching is prevalent in African and Carribean countries.

Let’s just cut the crap and accept that white supremacy has done a number on us. All across the diaspora.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
my question is, why do SOME dark skin Black women have more smoke for Black men that prefer light skin Black women than they do for Black men who prefer white women ?

I never understood this logic
From what I've seen, they have just as much "smoke", if not more, for Black men that prefer White women.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
nikka… :comeon:

The first time I ever heard the term “good hair” was from my ex-Caribbean girlfriend and she heard that from her grandmother.

And skin bleaching is prevalent in African and Carribean countries.

Let’s just cut the crap and accept that white supremacy has done a number on us. All across the diaspora.
Exactly. I don't know why that boy felt the need to call Black Americans out.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
They did? When did this happen?
I've noticed it heavily on social media (and sometimes in real life too).

Many Black women will praise dark skin Black men but bash light skin Black men as being "soft/weak", "feminine", "gay/downlow", etc.

Ironically, they don't see that they are perpetuating harmful colorist stereotypes that harm dark skin Black women but benefit light skin Black women.

The association of light skin with "softness" & "femininity" benefits light skin BW but hurts dark skin BW.

The association of dark skin with "toughness" & "masculinity" benefits dark skin BM but hurts light skin BM.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
One thing I've noticed on the Internet is that a lot of folks who love to shout their preferences from rooftop.....are rarely actually WITH their "preference". Divestors, PAWG-chasers, and more are usually by themselves or with the complete opposite of the type of person they claim to "prefer". :sas2:
I’d say that has more to do with options

Just because a man prefers a certain type of woman don’t mean he can get a beautiful one with ease or even at all

Even if a man would prefer a fine dark skinned woman, he not gone turn down an opportunity with a fine light skinned one if the dark skinned women he wants aren’t checking for him

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who is dark skinned and born here but not “ADOS”….all you kneegas have blood on your hands. The anti-black self hate roots started in grade school and it’s STILL embedded in most American black folk.

Let a “FBA/ADOS” debate pop off and all that anti-Africa anti-melanin self hate will come screaming out :scust:

I say all that to say…I’m quite amused at all these holier than thou comments :childplease:
This. I've seen mfers post on here about someone nose not looking ADOS or some similar nonsense without even skipping a beat and zero push back.
All this shyt is rooted in anti blackness but manifest into darkskin women hate, Haitian or African hate or whatever feature is close to west African.
People only complain when they're the target.
Overall the black community is filled with people without much emotional intelligence or empathy. Its the reason why it's almost 2023 and we're still having these conversations.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
The association of dark skin with "toughness" & "masculinity" benefits dark skin BM but hurts light skin BM.
Does it? :jbhmm:

This association of "darker skin and masculinity" is usually accompanied by harmful stereotypes. Along with masculinity, they're also seen as hypersexual, violent, angry and less intelligent. All of these traits have been used as justification to discriminate against, harm and kill black men for centuries.

I'd say that association has done far more harm to darker men than good. Especially as it pertains to education, employment and policing.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I think the issue is WHY do multiple brehs feel the need to share that they prefer LS women?
You rarely see men exclaiming their “preference” for DS or “brown skin” all over social media, or in entertainment. There is this NEED to proclaim LS is the best/most attractive.

It’s like if white dudes were all up and down the timeline saying “All I want is a blond w/blue eyes because that’s my preference”. Ppl have their physical preferences, but no one is loudly yelling that shyt out for the world and ostracizing all the other women on their timeline. It’s just weird.
The same reason someone like MBJ has been under a microscope from the get-go. IDK about regular dudes but some entertainers feel the need to "speak their truth" and defend themselves (which is generally the wrong move).

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
What many people on the Internet define as a "preference" for DS folks is really closer to a "fetish" if we're being honest. Overall, it happens more to DS women from what I've seen, but it's been an increasing amount of women fetishizing DS men openly for the past few years or so. :coffee:
So a preference for dark skin has to be a fetish?

And dark skinned men have been the black woman's choice for 20 years now :skip:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
This. I've seen mfers post on here about someone nose not looking ADOS or some similar nonsense without even skipping a beat and zero push back.
All this shyt is rooted in anti blackness but manifest into darkskin women hate, Haitian or African hate or whatever feature is close to west African.
People only complain when they're the target.
Overall the black community is filled with people without much emotional intelligence or empathy. Its the reason why it's almost 2023 and we're still having these conversations.
Y’all might think I’m bullshytting but I can honestly say I have not ever seen this Black American vs African/Diaspora war shyt prior to The Coli

I won’t ever forget this one night I met this Nigerian breh from The UK. When I first got out there (UK) some brehs I went to the club with left me out there and my dumb ass spent all my money and didn’t even have enough to get a cab back to base. I didn’t know breh from a hole in a wall and he saw me looking stressed and came up to me asking what was wrong. I told him I just got out there, had no money for a cab and don’t even know which direction the base is even if I did choose to walk. He handed me a 20 pound bill and I was like “I appreciate you man but I can’t accept that, this ain’t your fault”. And he said to me “nah don’t even worry bout it, it’s about time us young black brothers started sticking together.” He was my homeboy the rest of the time I was out there :wow:

And I got plenty other stories bout me and Africans/European/Caribbean blacks where it was all Love, very few if any where it was anything else

This Diaspora Wars nonsense is some shyt created by the internet :unimpressed: