Dark skin women are still THIS insecure ?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Here is the thing...

I believe that people use skin color as an excuse to not address more important issues that prevails in the Black community.

Next, both DS & LS Black people deal with subtle and overt forms of discrimination whether it be within the Black community or amongst non Blacks.

When a BW says that she prefers DSBM while tearing down LSBM, it doesn't make me feel better about myself nor do I look at her/them in a positive light. I think it is ignorant of any Black person to make value judgments based on someone's skin tone.

LSBM isn't less masculine nor are they softer than their DS counterparts. LS Brehs do quite well with BW of all hues and always have, so I don't buy into the slandering of them by some Black people.

It simply comes down to who one is as a person. You can be any hue and either have success in the dating world or not.

I just want Black pepper to get off the colorism nonsense and focus on more important things. A person who is righteous is righteous. A person who is foul is foul. Doesn't matter how a person look. It is always how a person acts.
Right but a lot of Black women ignorantly and loudly say how much they love dark skinned dudes over all else.

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I'm just here to represent all middle tone people that go overlooked in these discussions as we are not fetishsized

đź‘€

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right but a lot of Black women ignorantly and loudly say how much they love dark skinned dudes over all else.

Breh, let's speak truth to power..

Those women probably struggle loving themselves, so I wouldn't give credence to them saying that shyt!

You know people like to throw that "love" word around like it's supposed to mean something these days..Smh

We need to take into account that people go by their own experiences in the world, so just because someone claim to like this or that doesn't mean they are being genuine and sincere.

My rule is until a woman personally deal with me and I don't mean temporarily, then whatever she says about me doesn't mean shyt...*shrugs*

I am too old to be getting my head bumped by some woman who is more concerned about being đź‘€'d @ a certain way instead of keeping shyt official with me.

Actions will always đź—Ł louder than words to me!

Back in the 80s where I grew up, DS dudes who wasn't athletes or in the streets (gang banging) wasn't getting love like that. I know because I got no love and was roasted and curved for being DS. It wasn't until the late 80s/early 90s that DS men was getting some love and that was conditional depending on the person..

So yeah, some women may prefer DS men, but best believe they had to possess other traits & accomplishments and even with that there was no guarantee that things will work out for them.

I just saw that Black people who was in the middle of the color/spectrum (BSBP) playing both sides(DS/LS BP) against each other and they were the ones who pushed the colorism line more than DS/LS BP people (w/ exceptions).

To me, either you are Black or not! I don't care what complexion a person is! I care about a person's character. Is that person a real one or not? Is a person trustworthy? Is a person emotionally mature and stable? Responsible? Ambitious? Possess empathy for others outside of their personal social and familial circle?

You know, shyt that actually matters!

Last edited:

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
Looks like colorism in the Black community.

Nothing wrong with preferences, but this tap dances on ignorance.

Black women are beautiful in all shapes and complexions, this kneegrow just has a preference for lighter complexion women, but doesn’t know how to properly articulate that without coming across like a complete idiot.
Nah.