Dark skin women are still THIS insecure ?

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've noticed it heavily on social media (and sometimes in real life too).

Many Black women will praise dark skin Black men but bash light skin Black men as being "soft/weak", "feminine", "gay/downlow", etc.

Ironically, they don't see that they are perpetuating harmful colorist stereotypes that harm dark skin Black women but benefit light skin Black women.

The association of light skin with "softness" & "femininity" benefits light skin BW but hurts dark skin BW.

The association of dark skin with "toughness" & "masculinity" benefits dark skin BM but hurts light skin BM.

Interesting perspective..

But, I don't quite get the DSBM being put on a pedestal statement?

I wanna know when did this happen? I am not talking about athletes, celebrities and entertainers..

I am talking about your average run of the mill DS dude.

As someone who is DS, I certainly wasn't put on anyone's pedestal! Not saying that I should have been nor desired to be put on one..

Tbh..

I find it sad that colorism is still alive today..

Smh..

Also, the dude who made that comment about DSW not being as attractive as LSW is an idiot! I hope no BW internalize what dude said because he only speaks for himself!

africngiant

All Star
Daps
this shyt is why im growing my hair out now:yeshrug:

might as well double down as the “super negro” that everyone always loves to hate and feel threatened by

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This. I've seen mfers post on here about someone nose not looking ADOS or some similar nonsense without even skipping a beat and zero push back.
All this shyt is rooted in anti blackness but manifest into darkskin women hate, Haitian or African hate or whatever feature is close to west African.
People only complain when they're the target.
Overall the black community is filled with people without much emotional intelligence or empathy. Its the reason why it's almost 2023 and we're still having these conversations.

:patrice: I feel like you made that up.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
That essentially is what you said.

You said black women have talked about preferring dark men for "the last few years". I'm telling you it's been quite a while longer than that.
I was referring to people on the Internet in general. And I was talking about the fetishizing of dark skin, not just having a simple preference.

But when I say "fetish", I'm not just referring to skin tone, I'm talking about how people are attracted to stereotypes associated with a certain skin tone.

For example, some folks don't just say they like dark skin, they gotta attach violent, hypersexual, aggressive, rachet personality traits with it.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
What is the need for the initial comment to be stated out loud in the first place? Just do you no need for the post

This.

I want to know who's really insecure the jackass that felt some need to publically bully, down, and incite some bandwagon against entire group of women just for his own attention, or the people who are responding to his ignorant.

The fact he believes the only way he can like "light skinned women" is if he asserts each and every dark skin women on the planet as ugly says a hell of a lot about his own sense of security. What self confident man feels any need to hurt completely innocent people who didnt ask for his opinion in order to compensate for their own actions?

What Self confident man even needs to have their sex life announced and validated by strangers on the internet?

Weirdo shyt.

Shat do you morons that feel some need to shout your ignorant and close minded preferences on the internet looking for? A pat on the back? Resounding chorus of agreement with your opinion? An argument? Just plain ole attention?

You corny nikkas constantly announcing and seeking validation for your "preferences" at the expense of others are the real folks with insecurity issues. Get laid and just shut the fukk up.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Does it? :jbhmm:

This association of "darker skin and masculinity" is usually accompanied by harmful stereotypes. Along with masculinity, they're also seen as hypersexual, violent, angry and less intelligent. All of these traits have been used as justification to discriminate against, harm and kill black men for centuries.

I'd say that association has done far more harm to darker men than good. Especially as it pertains to education, employment and policing.
We're not talking about how wider society views "dark skin". This is purely about dating & sexual stereotypes.

"Dark skin" in the dating sphere is viewed more positively on men than women. That's been the case for millennia.

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
Damn I had to look nobie jennings up after that wild one…..I don’t think he was lying tho

Yas

Banned
Daps
Y’all might think I’m bullshytting but I can honestly say I have not ever seen this Black American vs African/Diaspora war shyt prior to The Coli

I won’t ever forget this one night I met this Nigerian breh from The UK. When I first got out there (UK) some brehs I went to the club with left me out there and my dumb ass spent all my money and didn’t even have enough to get a cab back to base. I didn’t know breh from a hole in a wall and he saw me looking stressed and came up to me asking what was wrong. I told him I just got out there, had no money for a cab and don’t even know which direction the base is even if I did choose to walk. He handed me a 20 pound bill and I was like “I appreciate you man but I can’t accept that, this ain’t your fault”. And he said to me “nah don’t even worry bout it, it’s about time us young black brothers started sticking together.” He was my homeboy the rest of the time I was out there :wow:

And I got plenty other stories bout me and Africans/European/Caribbean blacks where it was all Love, very few if any where it was anything else

This Diaspora Wars nonsense is some shyt created by the internet :unimpressed:
This is your own personal experience it doesn`t really make sense to say it only exists online when I can give stories of some Caribbean people being xenophobic. Some people hide their feelings a lot better in real life and then release that negativity online.