Clarence Thomas is a pessimistic separatist black nationalist & thinks racism cant be fixed?!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm not too familiar with him, but if I understand what I've read correctly, I think he holds such views because, as another poster said, it's nihilism.

He's probably literally had to deal face-to-face with the purest form of white supremacy which probably changed his views. Having to adjust what he feels is the trivial aspects of his belief to stay true to the core. Not everyone is gonna be strong enough to never change. Of course he's not gonna be the same optimistic individual he might've been early in his career to what he is now decades on. Black people falling for literally the same tricks has probably contributed to his apathy as well.

It's kind of a 'Die a hero or live long enough to become the villain' scenario. (Is it bad I kinda agree with a lot of his points?)
I've heard first hand that black law students who meet him are surprised how down to earth he was because he's always trying to help black students.

:wow:

Then to find out he was always disagreeing with Scalia over specifically narrow arguments :ohhh: He didn't even endorse Scalia's bullshyt ...even if they landed on the same conclusion :wow:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why are you spamming your own thread with information you already knew, pretending like it's some revelation, when you commented on this same article two years ago?

Clarence Thomas’s Radical Vision of Race
I didn't really read into it at the time. I always meant to finish the articles and read the books. I just listened to interviews but the detail and quotes are damning.

Thanks for being a fan though.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Yeah. Read nothing I fully disagree with yet. Dude sounds like one of the few ones inside that actually try to make a difference, but understands the true nature of the beast and his limitations in dealing with the monster, but has to find that balance in order to seem 'down'.

Black people are too reactionary to fully appreciate dude. In this age where people can capture a snapshot of someone's 'beliefs' or thoughts and can frame it however they want without realizing some topics are nuanced issues which won't be understood in a 300 character limit tweet.

At core, I agree with him in that black people should focus on us and building up/unifying the black family and stop abandoning the core in favor of the trivial. Or as the coli's favorite likes to put it 'stay on code'. I think the new black media is doing a good job at changing the narrative though which, to me, started with making information and history more consumable to even the most simple breh with things such as Hidden Colors and Gentrified. People like Tariq, Jason Black, etc. are gathering a dedicated following that I think will be the basis going forward with development of this 'black code' despite the trivial shyt their detractors try to throw at them

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
he had militant leanings until he went to work at Monsanto, I believe it was. once he got a taste of the money that was it. I read his book years ago.

his story isn't special. alotta Black people think a certain way before getting a taste of the cash.

The only thing that adds up is the cheque, because this narrative isn't working. Thomas' anti-establishment and pro segregation views don't exist in reality and he goes out of his way to denigrate black people for this.

What a terrible read trying to integrate a clean history with the outcome of this man.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah. Read nothing I fully disagree with yet. Dude sounds like one of the few ones inside that actually try to make a difference, but understands the true nature of the beast and his limitations in dealing with the monster, but has to find that balance in order to seem 'down'.

Black people are too reactionary to fully appreciate dude. In this age where people can capture a snapshot of someone's 'beliefs' or thoughts and can frame it however they want without realizing some topics are nuanced issues which won't be understood in a 300 character limit tweet.

At core, I agree with him in that black people should focus on us and building up/unifying the black family and stop abandoning the core in favor of the trivial. Or as the coli's favorite likes to put it 'stay on code'. I think the new black media is doing a good job at changing the narrative though which, to me, started with making information and history more consumable to even the most simple breh with things such as Hidden Colors and Gentrified. People like Tariq, Jason Black, etc. are gathering a dedicated following that I think will be the basis going forward with development of this 'black code' despite the trivial shyt their detractors try to throw at them
here's the thing... he overlaps with guys like Obama in some sense in their view of the world. They just have different ways of trying to tackle this shyt :wow:

Its like all black leaders know what's going on but feel helpless across the spectrum :mindblown:

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
i dont remember where i had heard someone say something like, "don't forget, thomas is a real radical up in therebut we'll save that conversation for another day." i had always thought :dwillhuh: but never bothered to investigate.

in my own experiences, though I think black people are more conservative than they'd really like to admit, and that what he said in that quote is true. I see it quite often, especially with pan-african IG pages and stuff, its RBG but very well, in many instances be replaced with red white and blue and you wouldn't know the difference. for god and country.

I'll be interested to see what the guys at imixwhatilike think of this book.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The only thing that adds up is the cheque, because this narrative isn't working. Thomas' anti-establishment and pro segregation views don't exist in reality and he goes out of his way to denigrate black people for this.

What a terrible read trying to integrate a clean history with the outcome of this man.
nah bruh, look at this interview.

Thomas' own views of defending the 2nd amendment is AGAINST white racism and his embrace of black nationalism, not out of some desire to believe in some white conquering myth :mindblown:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
i dont remember where i had heard someone say something like, "don't forget, thomas is a real radical up in therebut we'll save that conversation for another day." i had always thought :dwillhuh: but never bothered to investigate.

in my own experiences, though I think black people are more conservative than they'd really like to admit, and that what he said in that quote is true. I see it quite often, especially with pan-african IG pages and stuff, its RBG but very well, in many instances be replaced with red white and blue and you wouldn't know the difference. for god and country.

I'll be interested to see what the guys at imixwhatilike think of this book.
I've often seen the argument that "conservative" doesn't really apply to black people in the sense of how white people view the word conservative.

And this is proof of it.

Black people are still trying to figure this shyt out and white people dont want ANY black success. Thats the caveat.