Clarence Thomas is a pessimistic separatist black nationalist & thinks racism cant be fixed?!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He literally sounds like he was writing critical race theory :ohhh:

. “There is nothing you can do to get past black skin,” he said. “I don’t care how educated you are, how good you are at what you do—you’ll never have the same contacts or opportunities, you’ll never be seen as equal to whites.”

Thomas continues to believe—and to argue, in opinion after opinion—that race matters; that racism is a constant, ineradicable feature of American life; and that the only hope for black people lies within themselves, not as individuals but as a separate community with separate institutions, apart from white people.

At Yale, Thomas developed an understanding of racism that he would never shake. Whites—Southern and Northern, liberal and conservative, rural and urban—are racists.

, “I am the only one at this table who attended a segregated school. And the problem with segregation was not that we didn’t have white people in our class. The problem was that we didn’t have equal facilities. We didn’t have heating, we didn’t have books, and we had rickety chairs. . . . All my classmates and I wanted was the choice to attend a mostly black or a mostly white school, and to have the same resources in whatever school we chose.”

Thomas has admitted to wanting to “turn back the clock” to a time “when we had our own schools.”

Put simply, Thomas believes that affirmative action is a white program for white people.

In 1992, in one of his first opinions on the Court, Thomas wrote, “Conscious and unconscious prejudice persists in our society. Common experience and common sense confirm this understanding.”

Derrick Bell was LITERALLY saying the same shyt :ohhh:

Why Critical Race Theory Should Be Taught In Schools ❧ Current Affairs
Bell saw Brown differently, believing that instead of merely requiring that Black children be given integrated schools the Court should have required that they be given good schools. Bell argued that Brown had created the illusion of equality and progress while doing little to meaningfully change the reality of the racially unequal provision of education. (The novelist and folklorist Zora Neale Hurston was similarly critical of Brown at the time of the decision, saying she regarded it as “insulting rather than honoring my race” because it was based on the “belief that there is no great[er] delight to Negroes than physical association with whites.”) This is not an argument against integration—the argument that “separate can never be equal” can be made consistently with it—but an argument that authentic equality requires far more than the elimination of formal separation barriers. (Bell did argue that if the court had upheld Plessy v. Ferguson’s segregation mandate but ordered actual equal provision of resources, the result would have been preferable in practice to Brown‘s approach of integration without equality, which is not a defense of the repulsive Plessy decision but an attempt to expose just how deficient Brown was.)

Bell went so far as to suggest that civil rights lawyers had actually betrayed their clients’ interests by pushing for mere integration when many of those clients cared far more about school quality. On this matter, he was blunt:
Civil rights lawyers were misguided in requiring racial balance of each school’s student population as the measure of compliance and the guarantee of effective schooling. In short, while the rhetoric of integration promised much, court orders to ensure that black youngsters received the education they needed to progress would have achieved much more.

Because racism is in the interests of white people, “large segments of society have little incentive to eradicate it,” which means that when seeming racial progress does occur, it is often because of “interest convergence.” Thus Black people will only get what white people see as being in their own interest to offer. (Bell’s analysis of Brown suggests that this is why actual school equality was not on the table and the focus on integration over actual equal status “may have resulted more from the self-interest of elite whites than from a desire to help blacks.”)

:ohhh:

@Red Shield @Michael's Black Son @Sukairain @YouMadd? @Basil of Baker Street @SupremexKing @Cat piss martini @AndroidHero @Pirius Black @panopticon @johnedwarduado @neotheflyingone @Ishlibidish23 @SJUGRAD13 @BlueHeffner

Last edited:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
he had militant leanings until he went to work at Monsanto, I believe it was. once he got a taste of the money that was it. I read his book years ago.

his story isn't special. alotta Black people think a certain way before getting a taste of the cash.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It would be the greatest heel-turn in history if he was only OD conservative for the cac support but later goes full-on militant coli smart/dumb :wow:
two years late

:gucci:

Its kinda wild how this has just not really been investigated more until this book came out.

I finally got around to looking into this and its utterly fascinating.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
he had militant leanings until he went to work at Monsanto, I believe it was. once he got a taste of the money that was it. I read his book years ago.

his story isn't special. alotta Black people think a certain way before getting a taste of the cash.
I'm sure he's got some weird religious conservatism, but his thing is basically: This country won't give you shyt, so you might as well get it.

Whereas white conservatives are like: We dont want to give black people anything.

And somehow their interests overlap :wow:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bruh...he's an accelerationist :ohhh: :mindblown:

I mean he's indistinguishable from Umar :mindblown:

He gives SO LITTLE of a fukk...that he just wants to burn it all down :wow:

Thank you for posting this,this mans mind is powerful:wow:

Sadly he betrayed the black woman which was something he supposedly took seriously as a vow. He probably suffered his karma for that,and it has hurt his credibility.
Thing I don't understand about Umar or Clarence is wouldn't it be best to leave? Umar is the prince of pan africanism but seeks to start schools in America,instead of getting black people out of America. Shouldn't that be where all of your resources are dedicated to? if you truly understand white supremacy like Umar and Clarence seem too? Whats the point of burning it down while you are living in the house as house nikkas:jbhmm:?

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Damn

En3hQSoXIAAl0gu
:laff:Clarence Thomas was a Coli militant who was checking bedwenches and had Malcolm X racial separation speeches on tape, then got turned out by white p*ssy. :laff:

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
I'm not too familiar with him, but if I understand what I've read correctly, I think he holds such views because, as another poster said, it's nihilism.

He's probably literally had to deal face-to-face with the purest form of white supremacy which probably changed his views. Having to adjust what he feels is the trivial aspects of his belief to stay true to the core. Not everyone is gonna be strong enough to never change. Of course he's not gonna be the same optimistic individual he might've been early in his career to what he is now decades on. Black people falling for literally the same tricks has probably contributed to his apathy as well.

It's kind of a 'Die a hero or live long enough to become the villain' scenario. (Is it bad I kinda agree with a lot of his points?)

Edit: also, from an outside looking in perspective, why should y'all leave and not fight for what you contributed to creating? Spend literally centuries building arguably the greatest nation on Earth (far as opportunity, resources and quality of life standard) just to be punked out by injustice? I think y'all should keep up the fight. And considering white people dying out, I think the biggest concern black people in America have is c00ns and self sabotage. I think progress would be ten-fold if you did what the Haitians did to be honest. c00ns die first :ufdup::camby:

Last edited: