Chris Paul intends to decline his 44 million dollar 2021 option, wants multi year deal

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Booker is there for the next 3 years.

Not if he demands to be traded beforehand. Phoenix is not going to keep him there all 3 years if he says that he's not going to sign an extension long term. You know how it works when a player says that he wants out and isn't resigning. They needed to win and get the team in the right direction and CP3 was the gamble that paid off.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
nikkas said that bout his current contact and they was wrong

Even CP3 would tell you that his contract and game aged better than anyone thought. Prior to last year, people thought that OKC was going to have to add sweetners to the deal just to offload his contract. That's actually why he ended up playing that one year in OKC.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Not if he demands to be traded beforehand. Phoenix is not going to keep him there all 3 years if he says that he's not going to sign an extension long term. You know how it works when a player says that he wants out and isn't resigning. They needed to win and get the team in the right direction and CP3 was the gamble that paid off.
He already re-upped well before CP3 ever got there. Now he can do that whenever and getting CP3 sure helped, but it's not as if he was gonna walk. They're so far away from extension talks for the next deal it's not even worth thinking about yet.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He already re-upped well before CP3 ever got there. Now he can do that whenever and getting CP3 sure helped, but it's not as if he was gonna walk. They're so far away from extension talks for the next deal it's not even worth thinking about yet.

Oh no I wasn't trying to start trade rumors about his future or anything. It's more so that they had to take the gamble and do something to pull them out of the lottery. They weren't going to be bad enough to get a top pick in the draft and they also aren't a big free agent destination, so they weren't going to get top talent that route as well. Hence CP3 was that gamble that paid off and why they have no other choice but to pay his asking price.

I view Minnesota in the exact same predicament as they are going to have to take some type of gamble to get themselves out of the lottery. Young talent is going to be enough to pull them out of the lottery right now IMO.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brinks-truck.jpg

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Go home to the Pelicans CP3, NO is a playoff team with possibly the most dominant scorer in the NBA right now. Finish your career where it started at, help another team become a playoff success and solidify your position as an all time great leader :yeshrug:.

This is easily the bestove for him, Zion would average 30ppg EASILY with CP3 making sure he gets the rock . There is not a better player in the league he could get next to next year than Zion.
CP3 would be an absolute best-case scenario for that team, no doubt.

I can only think of the top of my head john stockton in terms of old azz pgs who still had it
stockton at 36 was avg 11 and 8 stocktn at 40 was avg 11 and 8
Steve Nash was still a capable all-star at 37. I think he would have been effective at 38 too if he didn't get frustrated from the whole team hating each other. But you're right, even the other good point guards who lasted pretty much all hit the wall around 35-36.