OG Anunoby plans to sign a 5 Year $212.5 million dollar Contract with the New York Knicks. Deal includes a player option and a trade kicker.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Knicks fans, @g-ice @Anerdyblackguy @mbewane

Do you think this means Julius Randle will be traded?

No idea, don't know much about contract situations and whatnot tbh. I think either Mitch or Randle will be in discussions, depending on if we manage to resign IHart or not. Personally I don't want Randle to leave, he's the one interior guy that can really muscle his way in the paint and punish teams there in various ways offensively. Regardless of everything he brings a level of physicality I wanna keep. But he's easier to trade than Mitch imo.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ok. Can they keep Hartenstein?
Not unless he takes a pay cut. They have his early bird rights, so the max they can offer him is a salary that starts at 16 million and change (but increases each year after).

Considering Claxton just got 25 per year, I'm assuming Hartenstein will get offers comfortably higher than a 16-million-dollar starting salary. Probably by a lot.

But one note about the cap situation is that everything the Knicks did in the draft last night aligns with I-hart accepting the cheaper deal. They've left themselves just enough wiggle room to sign him without hitting the second apron. That doesn't mean he's accepting New York's offer, but the Knicks at least left the option on the table for Hartenstein to come back.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not unless he takes a pay cut. They have his early bird rights, so the max they can offer him is a salary that starts at 16 million and change (but increases each year after).

Considering Claxton just got 25 per year, I'm assuming Hartenstein will get offers comfortably higher than a 16-million-dollar starting salary. Probably by a lot.

But one note about the cap situation is that everything the Knicks did in the draft last night aligns with I-hart accepting the cheaper deal. They've left themselves just enough wiggle room to sign him without hitting the second apron. That doesn't mean he's accepting New York's offer, but the Knicks at least left the option on the table for Hartenstein to come back.
Okc makes a lot of sense for him. It's really comes down to how much money they throw at him and how badly he wants to stay in NY.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Okc makes a lot of sense for him. It's really comes down to how much money they throw at him and how badly he wants to stay in NY.
OKC definitely feels like the biggest threat. He fits so well with them (Orlando too). I think they'd have to go at least to 20 million per to have a shot, but that seems cheap with the cap climate right now. So, I'm guessing we're screwed unless I-Hart shows some serious love for NYC.

But one thing is for sure. I'll continue to stan Brock Aller in our FO because he got the math perfect to squeeze in the 16 million we could max offer (maximum over the cap with his early bird rights, for sake of clarity) to Hartenstein. He even snagged like 5 second-round picks in the process, and we know Aller LOVES some second round picks.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OKC definitely feels like the biggest threat. He fits so well with them (Orlando too). I think they'd have to go at least to 20 million per to have a shot, but that seems cheap with the cap climate right now. So, I'm guessing we're screwed unless I-Hart shows some serious love for NYC.

But one thing is for sure. I'll continue to stan Brock Aller in our FO because he got the math perfect to squeeze in the 16 million we could max offer (maximum over the cap with his early bird rights, for sake of clarity) to Hartenstein. He even snagged like 5 second-round picks in the process, and we know Aller LOVES some second round picks.
Brock is lowkey a genius
Huge factor in our success