Chris Paul intends to decline his 44 million dollar 2021 option, wants multi year deal

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
2 years for 60 or one year for 44? I dunno

Someone will give him 3 years and that team will be Phoenix. This move is all about keeping the team competitive enough to convince Booker to stay.

The last year will be a wash, but worth it if Booker re-signs. Booker was the only reason they took the gamble on CP3 anyways. It’s exactly what Minnesota should have done instead of bringing in KAT BFF thinking it would help solve the problem.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
His team is negotiating against itself through the media...throw out some speculation, decline to speak on it until after the season, increase the intrigue and get a bigger/longer bag in a few months

CP3 knows his career is almost up and this next deal will be his last big contract...but in order to get that deal you gotta start the process weeks in advance. Smart move CP3

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
His team is negotiating against itself through the media...throw out some speculation, decline to speak on it until after the season, increase the intrigue and get a bigger/longer bag in a few months

CP3 knows his career is almost up and this next deal will be his last big contract...but in order to get that deal you gotta start the process weeks in advance. Smart move CP3

This speculation isn’t new as this report came out in early April from John Hollinger.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Someone will give him 3 years and that team will be Phoenix. This move is all about keeping the team competitive enough to convince Booker to stay.

The last year will be a wash, but worth it if Booker re-signs. Booker was the only reason they took the gamble on CP3 anyways. It’s exactly what Minnesota should have done instead of bringing in KAT BFF thinking it would help solve the problem.

Correct. I'd be surprised if he's not staying. I think they'll just use their cap hold to bring him back. There's only 3 teams with actual cap space to sign him: Knicks, OKC and Spurs. I don't think OKC or the Spurs would sign him since they have their own PGs of the future ( I don't rate Dejounte Murray or Derrick White as anything more than role players, but they've signed those guys to big deals). The Knicks might sign him, but it might be cheaper just to sign Derrick Rose on a long term deal for the MLE while developing Quickley and using one of their two picks to grab a point guard in the draft.

d3323

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the suns make it to at least the conference finals, they have no choice but to pay him or that fan base will desert them :troll:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Correct. I'd be surprised if he's not staying. I think they'll just use their cap hold to bring him back. There's only 3 teams with actual cap space to sign him: Knicks, OKC and Spurs. I don't think OKC or the Spurs would sign him since they have their own PGs of the future ( I don't rate Dejounte Murray or Derrick White as anything more than role players, but they've signed those guys to big deals). The Knicks might sign him, but it might be cheaper just to sign Derrick Rose on a long term deal for the MLE while developing Quickley and using one of their two picks to grab a point guard in the draft.

You can tell those young dudes love him and he's wonders for their confidence and game. In a way, it kind of works out perfectly since the new deal would expire around the time that Booker is due for an extension as well. Now problem comes in that they need to address his eventual successor at some point. They should have taken Haliburton instead of Smith as Payne just isn't it, but I guess they'll figure it out through the draft.

Minnesota should have took the gamble with CP3 instead, but they seem more concerned with bringing in KAT bff rather than a leader that would actually help them win. I mean that as no shot at DLo.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

IQ is not a PG. Wasn't one in college, isn't one in NBA. Too tunnel visioned