Can We Finally Admit GoW Ragnarok Was Mid?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How you going to discount the spear as just a climbing mechanic, when it has it's on complete skill tree and plays much different than the other weapons.

This is why it folks that didn't really play the game (yeah, your 2 hour trial period don't count, fool) need not respond.
You use the spear as your primary weapon? :usure:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Let’s do it this way.

I said there’s 2 weapons in the game.

ANY ONE of you talk about your GOW build that DOESNT use the blades or the Axe.

Should be simple since i’m so off and never played the game.

If you want, you could literally just play with the spear exclusively in your build. While there's some fights that could be easier/harder by using the axe or blades, you can get the job done with pretty much any of them near exclusively for the combat, if you really wanted to do so, a la Ninja Gaiden games. There's about 1 exception, the ice enemies can't really be fought much with the axe alone.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Stop fukkin playing.

The shield is not a “weapon”

and the spear is used to climb extra shyt.

I’ll ask you once a fukkin gain:comeon:

You built your GOW perfect build, which fukkin weapon did you use :comeon:
I can make the same nitpicks about hogwarts

hogwart legacy by comparison has over a dozen spells but more than half of them are are just reskinned telekinesis in different directions
Levioso = telekinesis upwards
Depulso = telekinesis forwards
Accio = telekinesis backwards
Descendo = telekinesis downwards
Wingardium levioso = telekinesis in all directions
Ancient magic Throw = telekinetic toss
Flippendo = telekinesis spin

:pachaha:that could have all just been streamlined into one spell Wingardium Leviosa, with a directional button added to make the desired effect.
in fact they actually did combine accio and wingardium into a single cast.

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You use the spear as your primary weapon? :usure:
For the most part, I did once I got it. It wrecks shyt and was my favorite weapon in part since it was new.

The axe is best for 1v1, the blades are best for crowd control for smaller enemies and/or ice enemies and the spear is an in-between, best of both worlds. So yeah.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you want, you could literally just play with the spear exclusively in your build.
Did you do that :ohhh:

While there's some fights that could be easier/harder by using the axe or blades, you can get the job done with pretty much any of them near exclusively for the combat, if you really wanted to do so, a la Ninja Gaiden games. There's about 1 exception, the ice enemies can't really be fought much with the axe alone.
So one enemy in the game Forces you to use a different weapon strategy.

And y’all mad at me for saying the combat is shallow? :mindblown:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Did you do that :ohhh:

So one enemy in the game Forces you to use a different weapon strategy.

And y’all mad at me for saying the combat is shallow? :mindblown:

I haven't replayed the game yet, but I can see that with how it works, I could and very much considering doing so when New Game+ drops.

I said 1 type of enemy (ice enemies), not 1 enemy. There's more than 1 ice enemy...dumbass.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can make the same nitpicks about hogwarts

hogwart legacy by comparison has over a dozen spells but more than half of them are are just reskinned telekinesis in different directions
Levioso = telekinesis upwards
Depulso = telekinesis forwards
Accio = telekinesis backwards
Descendo = telekinesis downwards
Wingardium levioso = telekinesis in all directions
Ancient magic Throw = telekinetic toss
Flippendo = telekinesis up and down at the same

:pachaha:that could have all just been streamlined into one spell Wingardium Leviosa, with a directional button added to make the desired effect.
in fact they actually did combine accio and wingardium into a single cast.
Yes, these moves are similar and in some ways can be sued interchangeably. But they all also have specific uses and advantages within combat and being that they are all on a cooldown there would be times where you have to switch between them to be successful.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I haven't replayed the game yet, but I can see that with how it works, I could and very much considering doing so when New Game+ drops.

I said 1 type of enemy (ice enemies), not 1 enemy. There's more than 1 ice enemy...dumbass.
1 TYPE of enemies in the whole game makes you think and strategize, and you might have to make it to NG+ to make any of it matter. :wow:

If i said this we’d get a dozen of you clowns running in to attack me :wow:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes, these moves are similar and in some ways can be sued interchangeably. But they all also have specific uses and advantages within combat and being that they are all on a cooldown there would be times where you have to switch between them to be successful.
they forced it in order to pad the spell count and make the combat mechanics seem more varied than they actually are in my opinion, that could've all just been one spell with a simple button combo to change the effect once the enemy was floating.
Leviso
leviso + < button = accio
leviso + > button = Depulso
leviso with the down button = decendio
etc etc