Can We Finally Admit GoW Ragnarok Was Mid?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Out ur own mouth you said you aint even play the game to point you got the spear so how the fukk would you know :dead:

Dont say yoh watched your jitt play the whole ass game just to be able to argue online to strangers. That would breach a level of pathetic I dont think you prepared to embrace :dead:
I watched and played the whole thing with my son cause that’s what we did together.

He’s currently playing the OG trilogy and likes that better too.

They turned a fun action game into some shallow movie shyt :smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Everything in the game is shallow checklist shyt for the sake of being there.

You gain XP but your stats never feel to have any significant effect on the gameplay.

You can add an element to your weapons, but nothing in the game ever compels you to use the elements in any creative or challenging ways.

There “loot” but none of it is particularly important or significantly changes the gameplay or strategies.

Puzzles are easy AND they give you the solution to them shyts.

Traversal is on rails, only “challenge” you have is deciding to throw the axe or the spear before you hit up an x.

You play through the game and unlock ONE weapon in like 30 hours of gameplay.

The game is an extremely polished by the numbers checklist experince. The definition of “mid” imo :manny:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I liked GoW and still ain't played this new one but it did look like the same game with a few updates. Ima still play it eventually and I'm sure it's dope, but it can wait.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
game wasn't hittin for me like it was supposed to :francis:

it was a very "safe" sequel that didn't try anything new or daring (it felt like 40 hour DLC to the 2018 GoW). it being cross-gen was a mistake that limited it's potential and I was personally dissapointed it was essentially a souped-up ps4 game that didn't take advantage of the PS5 like it should have. you really begin to see the cracks in the game design when playing Ragnarok...stuff that was maybe glossed over in 2018 because we were all so pleasantly surprised GoW was good again (i'm talking about things like the level design which wasn't very fun to traverse through in either game and felt very limited). For example, I should be able to scale structures in multiple ways, in a more open ended-fashion, not just the brightly colored ledges the devs signpost.

the puzzles for the most part were trash. using the axe to solve the puzzles was okay, but anything involving the sigils + blades of chaos was fukking garbo

story was mid with the most hyped character Thor just ending up being some sad drunkard. Kratos was frustratingly stubborn the whole game and edgy heel turns like bytchass Sindri just didn't work for me.

Combat was the saving grace imo, a lot of the other aspects of the game was mid af
Got it day one and still haven't even played it... Doesn't feel like a sequel and nobody had anything mind blowing to say about it... I'll get around to it one day

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
i agree. axe bearing kratos just dont hit the same as old kratos. call it against the grain all you want, but its just not the same :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everything in the game is shallow checklist shyt for the sake of being there.
Lol

You gain XP but your stats never feel to have any significant effect on the gameplay.
Lol

You can add an element to your weapons, but nothing in the game ever compels you to use the elements in any creative or challenging ways.
Lol
There “loot” but none of it is particularly important or significantly changes the gameplay or strategies.
Lol
Puzzles are easy AND they give you the solution to them shyts.
lol
Traversal is on rails, only “challenge” you have is deciding to throw the axe or the spear before you hit up an x.
lol
You play through the game and unlock ONE weapon in like 30 hours of gameplay.
lol
The game is an extremely polished by the numbers checklist experince. The definition of “mid” imo :manny:
lol