Can We Finally Admit GoW Ragnarok Was Mid?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The fact that y’all splitting hairs over 1 weapon that’s used more for traversal than combat is truly telling.

“bu bu but it has three weapons!!!!!:damn:

fukk outa here. Most any other game this game would be compared to has lots more weapons and combat options. GOW 1-3 had at least double the amount of weapons.

You dudes just have to defend everything sony.

GOW combat is shallow and repetitive. It just is :manny:

Stop being dumb. Soon as I got the spear it was in constant rotation in fights till the end of the game. You would know this if you IDK played the game :wow:

The shyt has a whole nother skill tree with a myriad of moves and augments to said moves but its just for traversal :dead:

This may be ur most embarassing display yet, thats wild.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The fact that y’all splitting hairs over 1 weapon that’s used more for traversal than combat is truly telling.

“bu bu but it has three weapons!!!!!:damn:

fukk outa here. Most any other game this game would be compared to has lots more weapons and combat options. GOW 1-3 had at least double the amount of weapons.

You dudes just have to defend everything sony.

GOW combat is shallow and repetitive. It just is :manny:
You do know the other weapons are used for Traversal too right?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You do know the other weapons are used for Traversal too right?

Even got a xbot general trying to steer you to the light yet Meach wants to continue to be a perpetual crash dummy for being wrong.

My guy its the internet. Its anonymous. Saying hey I was wrong its 3 weapons is not going make your computer explode. Wed laugh and crack jokes but let it go. Just doubling down on being factually wrong is super clown behavior.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop being dumb. Soon as I got the spear it was in constant rotation in fights till the end of the game. You would know this if you IDK played the game :wow:

The shyt has a whole nother skill tree with a myriad of moves and augments to said moves but its just for traversal :dead:

This may be ur most embarassing display yet, thats wild.
All 3 you do the exact same shyt.

The game never throws anything at you that forces you to use one over the other. The general strategy when using all 3 is the same. You play through the entire game and only unlock 1 extra weapon the whole time and in combat it works very similar to the weapon you started with.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
All 3 you do the exact same shyt.

The game never throws anything at you that forces you to use one over the other. The general strategy when using all 3 is the same. You play through the entire game and only unlock 1 extra weapon the whole time and in combat it works very similar to the weapon you started with.

Ah yes remind of the projectile —- detonate mechanic that the blades have. These play just like the axe as well. Your just on the other side of the screen instead, but yea. Same moveset and everything

Such a bozo god

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Ah yes remind of the projectile —- detonate mechanic that the blades have. These play just like the axe as well. Your just on the other side of the screen instead, but yea. Same moveset and everything

Such a bozo god

Yeah mostly useful for traversal:stopitslime:

Damn there worthless in combat. That shyt don’t even look fun. Supposed to be the god of war throwing them little pew pew spears. :smh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
And that’s dumb too.

This crack needs and axe and that rock needs a spear.

Then hold up and X.

Such engaging gameplay :wow:

This type of thing has been in games for decades and as a progression tool but I guess when sony does it its the end of the world.

This is essentially the basis of every meteoidvania, a cherished genre. Bozo.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Hardest boss in the game. Spear only.

Only good for traversal though.

fukking idiot

That don’t make it fun or any more engaging than the other weapons.

You can stand back and pew pew all the bosses to death with a bow and arrow in elden ring that don’t make the bow and arrow a great formidable weapon compared to other options.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This type of thing has been in games for decades and as a progression tool but I guess when sony does it its the end of the world.

This is essentially the basis of every meteoidvania, a cherished genre. Bozo.
No GOW is not a metroidvania. It’s shallow ass striped down checklist shyt. You don’t get any choices or strategy in the tools you get and use. The story hands you a spear and says blow up these specific rocks to get to the next cutscene.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
They don’t make it fun or any more engaging than the other weapons.

You can stand back and pew pew all the bosses to death with a bow and arrow in elden ring that don’t make the bow and arrow a great formidable weapon compared to other options.

So just to recap we went from

There are only 2 weapons to the spear is only for traversal to they all play the same to the spear is weak except you can clear all content wit it…to its not…engaging enough :dead:

Whats next? Were venturing into complete opinions now so the spin you come with next can be pretty much anything.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So just to recap we went from

There are only 2 weapons to the spear is only for traversal to they all play the same to the spear is weak except you can clear all content wit it…to its not…engaging enough :dead:

Whats next? Were venturing into complete opinions now so the spin you come with next can be pretty much anything.
My first post said there was 3 weapons. Only two of them particularly useful in combat.

That’s literally what I said in my first post.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
No GOW is not a metroidvania. It’s shallow ass striped down checklist shyt. You don’t get any choices or strategy in the tools you get and use. The story hands you a spear and says blow up these specific rocks to get to the next cutscene.

Out ur own mouth you said you aint even play the game to point you got the spear so how the fukk would you know :dead:

Dont say yoh watched your jitt play the whole ass game just to be able to argue online to strangers. That would breach a level of pathetic I dont think you prepared to embrace :dead:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The shield can be used as a weapon, and there are 3 weapons but Meach isn't really wrong

The shield i used as a weapon but I also used fist in both games as my go too. But the shield is a shield 1st and foremost.

The spear was basically a traversal and plot point item (a dumb one but hey). But it had some cool properties and worked well against certain enemies. Also had some potential cool effects with removing and gaining attributes. But sadly I feel like it's not very useful...

Anyway as far as combat, it was fun and it can be pretty deep when it comes to stats and traits. I don't know how anyone can really appreciate the combat without playing on the hardest difficulty out the gate tho. It's similar to GOT in that sense.... Had I played that game on normal... I would have probably lost interest quickly. Instead its one of my all time Favorite games, the same can be said about gOW 2018.

There are a lot of different builds and play styles depending on what you like but overall the gameplay loop is shallow, thankfully the skill checks make the combat really enjoyable regardless.

The absolute biggest misses, are not letting kratos use the hammer or artreus use the horn or kratos using both. That's two more play styles right there.

A signature thing of kratos was using the weapons of his enemies....yeah well RIP to that.