Can We Finally Admit GoW Ragnarok Was Mid?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Dude literally just be trolling, I'm convinced.

You literally have gravestone bosses in Ragnarok that are tough as nails and get much easier when you level up and come back when you bigger and badder.

T9oY2Zb.png

Leveling system and loot doesn't matter even though you literally use the loot to upgrade weapons, armor, weapon attachments and abilities. Dudes just be saying anything lol.
I don't know why yall engage TBH :yeshrug:
A Xbox/Nintendo stan can't tell me nothing bout games, critique story nothing :mjlol:
Just laugh in their face and keep it pushing

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You are working on a GOW “build”

Which weapon you using for your build other than the axe or the blades of chaos :ohhh:
I guess it comes down to what 'perks' you choose for those weapons. I haven't played Ragnarok, but the problem with a lot of perk systems is you'll probably unlock everything by the end, so your 'build' is more about what order you choose to unlock stuff

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guess it comes down to what 'perks' you choose for those weapons. I haven't played Ragnarok, but the problem with a lot of perk systems is you'll probably unlock everything by the end, so your 'build' is more about what order you choose to unlock stuff

But none of that really matters. Whether you put fire or ice on your axe, your general gameplay strategy is the same. They never force you to think about or adapt to anything new. It’s not like they have environmental stuff or stacking combos where your choices actually matter. It’s all just arbitrary stuff where you pick your own mileage.
You tell me fool. I don't play in the trash.
Xbox doesn’t have movie games :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And this is what’s weird to me.

From y’all perspective Microsoft doesn’t even have games cause they don’t have one of these cinematic 3rd person action games.

But then when we talk about the tenants that define those games y’all get your panties in a bunch and wanna start comparing them to all types of other games. In this thread we learned GOW has all types of different builds like Elden ring despite only having two weapons to work with. :francis:

Either you like narrative focused gameplay or you don’t :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And this is what’s weird to me.

From y’all perspective Microsoft doesn’t even have games cause they don’t have one of these cinematic 3rd person action games.

But then when we talk about the tenants that define those games y’all get your panties in a bunch and wanna start comparing them to all types of other games. In this thread we learned GOW has all types of different builds like Elden ring despite only having two weapons to work with. :francis:

Either you like narrative focused gameplay or you don’t :manny:

But you just praised hogwarts combat and you literally only use a wand in that game:snoop:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Dudes out here making legit guides on how to beat a boss with a specific build/combo and this guy is like "shallow combat" lol.

Like, this is literally amazing. A game looks this nice while having this level of AI detail in a fight that you are controlling.

There's literally NO other game that does this type of shyt in gameplay. I felt like I was fighting legit people in TLOU 2 with how real they reacted.

🤡theMonster saying upgrades that don't matter had me dying. just ridiculous

he thinks there's only 2 weapons in the game when u literally cant progress without the third weapon

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But you just praised hogwarts combat and you literally only use a wand in that game:snoop:
In Hogwarts there are like a dozen different spells. All of which work differently from each other and all of which can be stacked or strategized for different outcomes.

And as the game goes on they throw different stuff at you you to force you to use those different strategies and outcomes.

And that goes on pretty much all the way to to end of the game.

In the first couple fights it was just “levioso” and spam the attack button.

By the end of the game i was doing elaborate combos where i could set up a whole room of like 8-10 enemies to die with one cast of “Avoda Cadabra”

There’s was a real sense of Progression and progressive difficulty. GOW don’t have that. Same weapons and strategies that get you through the first boss are the sales one you will use on the last.