can someone explain to me why fubu flopped?

Incognegro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
10 Custom Avenue
The real answer is certain brands are popular in certain areas. If the brand doesn't adapt so that it becomes trendy in new areas or reappears in areas that once felt that the fad of wearing that brand has passed the brand will fail which is what happens. Aeropostale a "white" brand is about to fail it has been around since 1987 when EPMD was wearing it. It got too popular and people don't feel special wearing it anymore. At least where I'm at. As a brand in the middle is where you want to be, you want to be acceptable but not too popular.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno.

I never rocked with Fubu like that.

I had a few Pelle Pelle and Mecca items though.

:manny:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
with those brands they were just selling clothing Tommy and Ralph Lauren (especially ralph) are also selling a lifestyle. Even though they jumped on the urban band wagon they always stayed true to their core brand of traditional american clothing (seersucker suits, collegiate sweaters, button down shirts, tweed jackets, bright colored shorts etc) and that upper class waspy northeastern preppy lifestyle of ivy league and boarding schools, beach front houses in Connecticut or martha's vineyard, and upper east side cocktail parties. Just stepping into one of Ralph's mansion would let you know this shyt ain't just about clothes:

polo-ralph-lauren-rhinelander-mansion-nyc-0.jpg

leffop.jpg

ralph-lauren-madison-avenue-look-inside-6.jpg

54cb630f5b446_-_ralph-lauren-mansion-purple-label-tailored.jpg

the majority of the people who buy his shyt ain't richor from that background but dude sure know how make a lot of them feel like that through his clothing
but wasnt FUBU the urban lifestyle?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Nikkas still rockin Pelle doggie

We flossin these skreets in Karl Kani shyts :whoo:

Finna cop me some Chris Childs Pure Playaz shorts :whew:

Finna cop me some Dunk.net sneakers :shaq:

Finna cop me some Triple 5 Soul hoodies :jawalrus:

Finna cop me some Vokal shirts for daytime flossin :smugdraper:

Finna cop me some Cross Colors sweatshirts :obama:

Bout to floss Antonio Ansaldi right now :manny: