can someone explain to me why fubu flopped?

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Same reasons why every trend die

If you don't adapt to the times you get left

Same thing happen to a bunch of clothing lines

Because eventually you getting get older the shyt you wear at 18 you not going to wear at 30

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Some of y'all are lost in here. When someone like LL or an athlete would be seen with the "FB" on their hat people wanted to know what brand it was and went out of their way to get it. It was cool at one point, not "always tacky" as some have claimed.

The reason it fell off is because they started selling it everywhere and at cheaper prices. Sure, I don't think they adapted with the times either but they were already falling off before then. When something is cheaper and very easy to get then nobody wants it anymore. If they would have kept it smaller (and adapted) they would have survived in the long run.

They fukked up by putting it in department stores in the suburbs where every cac could wear it. So basically, they fukked up but cacs ruined the brand as well. As they usually do.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The designs looked more tacky at the turn of the millennium with the fat albert additons on all their shyt and cartoonish design. Plus Hip Hop clothing got super mainstream which makes it eventually uncool (every other race rocking it)

Street wear clothing in the late 2000s and early 2010's have been a little more limited and boutique store available and already accessiable to all races meant its been more popular.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Since we've gone nuts for retro shyt for 2 decades, I wouldn't be surprised if all those urban labels make thrifst store comebacks in spots like Urban Outfiters for CaCs rock ironically in 2 years.

GotEmShook

#ChiefsNation #BeRoyal
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO
Once they started putting the Fat Albert characters on their clothes they fell off hard. shyt was back af

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
here's my post.....

Don't get it twisted... America is 67% white and only 14% black

If you want to make money in this country, you are going to limit your profits, the second you become, blacks only aka "urban." You've immediately lost 67% of your potential customer base, in one move.

You wonder why there's not a lot of black success in certain industries.. It's not racism every time.. It's money.. Why put on a black tv show when over half the population ain't gonna watch it? Martin was the greatest, but did it ever beat seinfeld in the ratings? nope not even close

All these clothing brands been around for hundreds of years... Find a black owned clothing that was popular 5 years, that's still popular today... none.. cause we switch styles and tastes so fast... shyt becomes "played out" and you're finished. Meanwhile Polo been selling polo's to the same people for 70 years or some shyt. Cause a simple polo won't ever go out of style

You notice when rappers start selling the most? When they get a rack of white and foreign fans.. A world tour is the biggest thing you could ever do.. cause it shows you can reach more than your hood, coast, country

That's why we are an international brand. That's why we have white models, black models, spanish models and working on getting some asian ones. Vicki Duong what size you wear lol??

Seriously though. Globalize your brands and make it accessible and interesting for EVERYONE and you won't have to limit yourself to 14% of the MARKET=MONEY

Simple economics :salute:

livewire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Street wear/urban style clothes brands are just huge as long as their trendy..very few have longevity in the game...