can someone explain to me why fubu flopped?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
do people still rock sean john? Real question, dude moved his clothes to more classic looks, but I have no clue if men wear it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
you are fukking stupid if people doint watch it because they are black its racist not about money only dumb idiot
You are retarded for so many reasons

I'll skip the grammar and spelling list. Let's just focus on the definition on racism and how what you said, isn't racism

Because someone wants to watch a movie with black people, instead of with white people, that doesn't make them RACIST. I can marry a white woman and not care to watch movies if they have no black people in it. Same way a white man might not want to watch a show with no white people in it

Doesn't mean you hate a race of people or think you are better

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do people still rock sean john? Real question, dude moved his clothes to more classic looks, but I have no clue if men wear it.
I do. Sean John was never really that flamboyant and the name is simple.

As for FUBU it became much larger than they expected. The slogan went from For Us By Us to For U By U. Ehh, no. It's still limiting and insulting.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'll skip the grammar and spelling list. Let's just focus on the definition on racism and how what you said, isn't racism

Because someone wants to watch a movie with black people, instead of with white people, that doesn't make them RACIST. I can marry a white woman and not care to watch movies if they have no black people in it. Same way a white man might not want to watch a show with no white people in it

You may not be racist per se. But you're definitely a narrow minded idiot or something like it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
just wondering.

some say because they didnt keep up with the fashion evolution, but Pelle Pelle did, and they flopped too.

what happened?

why is it uncool to wear rocawear and fubu ?
None of those companies kept up with fashions evolution... Fubu was over saturated and anyone who lived thru that era remembers fubu 05 bootleg jerseys just killing the hype. They were worn by the brokest black and white folk just destroying the brands integrity.

For that matter all urban brands were heavily bootlegged. It got to the point where my local spots had the knock off shyt for the same prices and it was getting hard to separate real from fake

Last edited:
Daps

cac =]

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
you know what's funny...

South Koreans fukk with this brand hard....

I saw mad people in Seoul and Busan rocking this shyt...made me :mjlol:everytime

1723531_image2_1.JPG

11201055002.jpg

256419702.jpg

fubusite.jpg
"post hip hop":mjpls:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
The real answer is the NBA. When the NBA clothing player clothing policy taking effect killed the Urban wear market. Like it or not the NBA is the biggest influence on hip hop and urban wear.
Wait....So nba made true religion/diamondsupply/pink dolphin/blvckscale/lrg etc popular in the hood/hip hop, eh?