can someone explain to me why fubu flopped?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
How much is FUBU worth? FUBU is not a publicly traded company, so is not required to release its financial information. However, according to Forbes, the brand has grossed more than $6 billion worldwide since its founding.

Wasn't a flop

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Fubu had a nice run

I always wanted a Dirty South patent leather jersey as a kid:to:

Moms got me one of them fat Albert shirts a couple years later

Edit: ion think my shyt was real :patrice:
s-l1600.webp

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It wasn't a flop
Them nikkas made millions for years
And I gave them a lot of it :mjlol: Fubu fell off, it didn’t flop. It jumped the shark when they started putting Fat Albert on clothes. There’s no way people thought it would last longer than it did. They made bank!

Superstar
Daps
Once you could find it everywhere it was over. In 1998 I was still brand new to California and having disposable money in my pocket as a young marine I wanted to dress fresh. But all the stores had the same things everywhere. So all the Marines would have all the same fits. I didn't like that, and all the fresh new hip hop clothing lines were kinda exclusive and hard to find. Then I stumbled upon a store wayyy up in the San Diego North County fair mall that had it all. Fubu, Phat Farm, Wu-Wear, etc. Most Marines went straight to the Oceanside/ Carlsbad mall on Fridays for the club fit. I would hit NCF on Thursdays and no one knew about it like that so my shyt was extremely rare at the time even my crew would ask where I was copping my fits I was always evasive cause if I told one person then it would get out and then more ppl would be there. The only 2 ppl I told was my guy from Memphis and my brother from another who was from Alabama. They both needed help on how to get fresh anyway so I put them on. Then around mid 99 and early 2000 you could find all those clothing lines pretty much everywhere and everyone was wearing it. But my store up in North County still had the shyt that you couldn't find anywhere else. By then I was back to polo and even Girbaud when it tried to come back out. But yeah it got over saturated and goofy so I stopped wearing the shyt.
61u+7J7qefL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_DpWeblab_.jpg

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gucci older than everyone on this board. Why hasn't it run it's course?
Gucci has adapted & was always seen as “elite” which gives you more room for error. Perception matters

Also the problem with FUBU is they had a certain look that no longer was popular.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I remember they rebranded kinda with platinum fubu

My homie had fat Albert on the back of his jeans

:mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
And I gave them a lot of it :mjlol: Fubu fell off, it didn’t flop. It jumped the shark when they started putting Fat Albert on clothes. There’s no way people thought it would last longer than it did. They made bank!
Nah that wasn't it... Everyone was doing cartoon characters at the time. Had the looney tunes selling crack and even white ass Iceberg was putting WB characters on the front of tees and charging $100. It really went crazy and then that whole cartoon thugging movement went away as fast as Black Bart Simpson and took all of urban fashion with them

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah that wasn't it... Everyone was doing cartoon characters at the time. Had the looney tunes selling crack and even white ass Iceberg was putting WB characters on the front of tees and charging $100. It really went crazy and then that whole cartoon thugging movement went away as fast as Black Bart Simpson and took all of urban fashion with them
Breh I had Black Bart tees take this rep lol