California reparations bill to be signed into law today at 5pm

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Nah fukk that. This nikka and I have been feuding for a week. I was outta town when he was calling me out about something unrelated to this topic. He was beyond disrespectful. Now I’m home and have time. fukk that.
:stopitslime:

You don’t know what’s going on. It has nothing to do with this topic.
:francis:

Talking about don’t derail the thread but here you are doing JUST that.

I got twenty plus years vested in this subject..you can’t teach me anything and I know this because you’re bringing me IUIC bullshyt. These are same people who can’t properly figure out the holy day calendar because they’ve relied on a apocryphal text (Jubilees) to set their dates..nevermind that the book contradicts itself BADLY in regards to dates, times, reigns of certain kings, etc..versus the Biblical canon. I deal with these idiots all the time here in Charlotte..them, GMS, ISUPK, GOCC, etc..

I’ve debated the Hebrew Israelites and Christians on here and they’ve failed to stand up to my dissertations what makes you think you’ll do anything different as your giving me the same bullshyt they did? Again, the hallmark of a wise man is knowing when to choose your battles..you will not win a battle against me when your weapons are YouTube videos.

That only tells me you’re not adept at reading scripture and you’re a novice..try to impress someone else with that 1st grade knowledge.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
They have not specified how compensation or benefits would be awarded only that it will be “studied”. They could decide to award free all you can eat tickets to Popeyes for all we know :stopitslime:

Give with the right hand and take with the left. That’s their MO

hjnm

All Star
Daps
The country should have been paid reparations but California was never a slave state so how do they go about this?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
California broke as fukk....what reparations are they going to give? :russ:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reading the political threads versus reading this thread is like night and day..

How can you say lets ban all racist and Trump supporters because they impending upon the progress of black people, yet we have people in here talking negative about a step towards reparations?

@Houston911 can you keep notes please of whats really going on here?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reading the political threads versus reading this thread is like night and day..

How can you say lets ban all racist and Trump supporters because they impending upon the progress of black people, yet we have people in here talking negative about a step towards reparations?

the fact that “stand down and stand by” was some magical turning point is just :mjlol:

trump has been saying racist shyt and winking at white supremacist groups literally the entire time he’s been in office

let’s not even get into the shyt he did beforehand

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

Good you see it, because these so called "people" only want you to do one thing and nothing else. They don't care about the current Black experience or actually trying to FIX anything.

But I digress, good to see this.

@xoxodede keep your foot on them necks :myman:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As much as I love the idea of reparations, something tells me that this will cause great internal conflict within our community. What’s the criteria for receiving reparations? It needs to be clear as a summer day, or shyt will go left QUICK

In Houston they’ve set the start date as 1776

you have to have one slave ancestor AND you have to have claimed black/African American for every year over the past 12 years.

they don’t distinguish between black and biracial, I’m definitely not happy about that. If you have a white parent you shouldn’t get the same amount.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good you see it, because these so called "people" only want you to do one thing and nothing else. They don't care about the current Black experience or actually trying to FIX anything.

But I digress, good to see this.

@xoxodede keep your foot on them necks :myman:

These "agents" have a personal agenda that has nothing to do with black people.. PERIOD!!!..

This is just for California and it's not for Federal/National reparations. SO, if you and your family aint from Cali -- this really isn't our concern. We just need to support.

Michigan, Alabama and Illinois are the next three on the list.

Michigan is talking reparations.. A state democrats need..

Why didn't they take this news and use it for their advantage to get swing state Michigan voters to see tangibles is on the horizon?

Something isn't adding up with these dudes..

hjnm

All Star
Daps
From what im gathering, they're looking at existing corps that benefited from slave labor.. Its a detailed layout of whats being looked at on the 1st page..

yeah that makes sense, should have read more. i think there will be more "discussions" on reparations in the future, maybe not nationally or in this admin but maybe they'll come in the form of strengthen affirmative actions for descendants of slaves and the like.