California reparations bill to be signed into law today at 5pm

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
what does this mean to this thread? she has sponsored this same exact bill as the one in this thread, the one and only time it was introduced to the US senate. :jbhmm:

it is ADOS related and I thought the pic was funny. Also as a reminder who told us they would never do anything specifically for Black folks.

Daps
it is ADOS related and I thought the pic was funny. Also as a reminder who told us they would never do anything specifically for Black folks.

did she say that? weird that she would sponsor this bill in the senate if she said that...:jbhmm:

basically if you are in here applauding this event, it's weird to attack her in a way because she has supported this bill on a national level lol

Daps
Where the hell you been the last 2 years.

she said her proposal would "directly benefit black children, black families, black homeowners" which would in turn benefit the whole country... and she also sponsored the bill in the op which has the specific language "african american". so what's the issue?

like i said, if you are in here applauding this bill (it specifically says "Members shall be drawn from diverse backgrounds to represent the interests of communities of color throughout the state".... i take this to mean more than just black people), i don't see how you can have an issue with her when she has advocated the SAME EXACT THING (relating reparations for AAs as a benefit of the whole country/other communities of color)

i mean, unless you were just going off the title and not the actual wording and plain english meaning of the actual text of the bill :yeshrug: but doing that isn't going help you understand politics.

Last edited:

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Apparently Ice Cube, ADOS, and Gavin Newsom got Don Lemon upset tonight with this bill :skip:

GASign

All Star
Daps

I mean..........

?????

don20lemon_tim20malone20AP.jpg

Doesn't shock me......