Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Was waiting for the reviews and it sounds as expected: decent, solid first offering but not game changing.

I like Journey to the West, but I'm not in a rush

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They are actually being nice to it by calling it a boss rush game. It means they can excuse the terrible level design and just concentrate on the good combat and graphics.

Picture this scenario: Ahead of you is a knee-high wall blocking what appears to be a path leading through some crags. You would imagine that, since you have a jump button, you can clamber over the wall and explore down that path, right? Well, no. Only some paths are explorable, the rest are blocked off by invisible walls. Or, perhaps you're exploring a wide-open area and see a clearing beyond the trees. Well, too bad, that's terrain you can't explore. The lack of proper signaling in Black Myth: Wukong's environments can lead to disappointment. Running across an area that feels too large to explore what you think is a path forward, only to run into an invisible wall, is frustrating.

These level design issues would be easy to ignore if they weren't in every single chapter, affecting Black Myth's forests, deserts, snow-fields, caves, and crags

Stuff like this compared to any other Action/RPG game in 2024 is :scust:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Seems the reviews are actually being kinda nice to the game as far as the scores. They all say there’s lots of bugs and the level design is kinda wack, but i guess everything else is really good.

No word on PS5 performance. This one might be a wait till some updates come through type thing:lupe:
Not to mention terrible localization apparently the dub goes from English to Chinese on some occasion. PS5 users might want to hold off on this as nothing has been shown in regards to how it performs on consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not to mention terrible localization apparently the dub goes from English to Chinese on some occasion. PS5 users might want to hold off on this as nothing has been shown in regards to how it performs on consoles.
Judging by PC performance and the fact that they have never even shown the PS5 version it’s probably coming in extremely hot :huhldup:

We don’t even know expected framerates/resolution

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm waiting for the reviews and of course discounts but I'm definitely down to cop this for the ps5.