Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
the worst word in gaming currently
I'm starting to get more annoyed by the people telling us to ignore similarities because something isn't exactly like a Fromsoft game.

There is obvious From influence in almost all the 3rd person action games today we are allowed to notice it and comment on it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not going to watch gameplay, YT streamers, tweet, read the reviews, etc. to avoid spoilers, I want to play this game as a blind, fresh new experience for me. blind in this game. I want my own memories of experiences with this game.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I'm not going to watch gameplay, YT streamers, tweet, read the reviews, etc. to avoid spoilers, I want to play this game as a blind, fresh new experience for me. blind in this game. I want my own memories of experiences with this game.
I dig it, breh.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dig it, breh.

There are reasons why many gamers loved old school video games so much in their childhood, etc., because there were no spoilers, no YouTube, no tweets, no risk spoilers, no watching streamers play video games, barely read and listen to the reviews.

Now you have people saying they're very disappointed and feel this gaming generation is worse. Why?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
There are reasons why many gamers loved old school video games so much in their childhood, etc., because there were no spoilers, no YouTube, no tweets, no risk spoilers, no watching streamers play video games, barely read and listen to the reviews.

Now you have people saying they're very disappointed and feel this gaming generation is worse. Why?
I disagree on why, had nothing to do with a spoiler. If I told you Samus was a girl would that ruin Metroid? Could any spoiler ruin the game?

What I've discovered was how that old feeling you're describing can be restored. CupHead is the perfect example for me. It's what I would have dreamed of a game to look like as a kid. I was into megaman because I liked the big cartoony graphics. When CupHead hit I played it for a while with a smile but quickly stopped playing. Didn't feel like learning all the new patterns/etc. moved on. But my 3yr old was fascinated and played a lot, asking me to play with him all the time. I'd do it for him and in doing so I recaptured that feeling of when I was a kid. As a kid you didn't have options so you was happy with whatever you had. You get the full game, you grind, you triumph, you get good.

In today's society it's more about getting instant gratification that compares to whatever other game you get instant gratification from. I went from not caring to living CupHead and now I play other games with him that I wouldn't give the time of day today (Goat Sim3, Spiderheck) and the fun of playing with him takes me all the way back. It never left. We just living that Peter Pan lifestyle and we grew up :sadbron:
Sum Ting Wong Xbot’s ??? :mjlol:

Can’t wait to play Monkey Man
Besides the fact this boss rush game will hit Xbox as well, Phil already alluded to Sony paying for the delay which Phil openly said was questionable. Do I care? fukk no, we have tons of games to play with backlogs from Gamepass alone. It's best this game if it's any good, releases later for us. You only have Lego horizon to look first too so you need this :laff: