Black model on 'The Face' says she doesn't consider herself Black

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I get exactly what she was saying...Modeling is about "how you look" right?

She was asked an interview question for a job to distinguish herself from a competitor.....

:manny:

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
You really think her modeling days are over because of this? :myspotnash:
If she ever had a shot in the big time, the shot is likely over. People would much rather fukk with black models who empower (at least on the surface) and for good reason.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I can analyze her from a mile away

1.. only date white men who has that justin timberlake look
2. Don't fuk wit other black women unless they from another country so she can brainwashed them about American black men and women
3. Think dating black men is disgusting because she think black men are not educated only listen to rap music and doesn't have manners as her white prince
4. Doesn't eat soul food.. the taste of fried chicken and grits are disgusting

the mechanic

Greasy philosophy
Daps
:what2: am i lying? call a black chick dark skinned and see how she reacts.

If she gets offended it says a lot about her and the fact that you, too, think it's an insult says a lot about you.

25903973-cry-gif-.gif

:krs:

The ether brings tears to my eyes..i wanna frame this post

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i get what she meant.

i dont see it as self hatred. wendell asked her what it felt like to be in a certain lane...she was sayin thats not her lane.

ask scorcese how it feels to be an italian mafia movie director. he'll probably tell you he's a movie director that directed some good italian mafia movies.

the way her question was worded brings different connotations. she knew that. she up there trying to start shyt thats what she does for a living.

so were comparing ones race to the kinds of movies they make? :whoo:

What is wrong with asking about being a black model? It's a straight forward question i dont see any reaching. If you were to ask Scorecese about being a WHITE (NOT ITALIAN because thats a nationality) director that shyt wouldnt even make sense because the majority are white. He'd probably just look at an interviewer like :what:. If youre gonna make an analogy do it right. Some of yall need sense man :noah:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
lol this is supposed to be a surprise? I'm surprised she didn't throw in the great great great great great great grandfather who was white.....you know the line most black women use :rudy:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol this is supposed to be a suprise? I suprised she didn't throw in the great great great great great great grandfather who was white.....you know the line most black women use :rudy:

:russ: she find out she got 1% German DNA, now she eating cheese and learning Deutsch on Rosetta Stone.

the mechanic

Greasy philosophy
Daps
Did anyone figure out what "international look" means? :dead:
I think It means she can /has sold it in at least 3 different countries and now interpol is looking for her

Disgusting. She's only like this because some males gas up light-skin girls, let's be honest. :mjpls:

:comeon: This is untrue...its actually their mothers who fukk them up with these lightskin/darkskin BS ...

men dont really care ..look how many more women bleach than men

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Is she actually mixed? She looks it. Why are mixed people automatically forced to claim pure black. It's like it eats some of you up inside that a person would even dare to acknowledge that they are also of another race.

Why are you mad? I see exactly what she meant - she felt like she had mixed features and skin tone so she could possibly bypass being thrown in the "black model" category. What if she had a parent of a race other than black that she identified with more than her black parent/black side of the family?

What if both of her parents are mixed and identify as such? It's like some of you hear this shyt and start steaming on some, "fukk her! How dare she say she's not black?! She has black in her - she's pure black! fukking bytch - she hates herself!"

Wtf is wrong with some of you? You sound like KKK members. She's an individual that's clearly mixed - let her identify as whatever the fukk she wants. Because contrary to what you may think, all white people don't throw all black people in one category - you're the ones that do that.

P.S. :umad:

You sound like a fukking idiot. Last time I checked black folks weren't the one that came up with the one drop rule numbskull. And what the fukk do you mean she is "clearly" mixed. She's clearly nothing. Skin tone is something that is perceived by others. If someone is color blind and has no idea what the fukk color they are, they simply aren't allowed to just make up a color and demand everyone acknowledge them as such. This womans skin is dark and her features are clearly African. Whether you or her choose to acknowledge that is irrelevant. To the average person she is and will continue to be considered BLACK.

You nikkas need to start getting a grip on reality. Denying your self like this obviously confused model is doing can only lead to mental instability.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
i thought wendell asked her? she said you dont consider yourself black? and the girl was like, thats not what i said at all. as in wendell completely misunderstood what she was saying.

i dont know...fukk i look like defending this hoe i dont care about her black ass. i was at the mall today and i heard this white bytch say i was a "cute black guy" to her friend as they walked by. she wasnt saying she thought i was cute...she was saying i was cute for a ******. completely different shyt. this thread reminded me of that. white people be throwin qualifiers on us and as far as im concerned wendell is workin for em.

Exactly! It's like saying RG3 or Mike Vick is good for a black QB. They will tell you they don't think they are just a black QB but a QB. White people and c00ns say shyt like a person is (insert complement) for a black person as a way of insulting while complementing. Basically saying even though you're black, you are aight. I don't think she meant it in the derogatory way some of ya'll are taking it as.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
I could see if she was mixed, but as far as I know she is not. I will wait for her to speak on it.

Not really the issue here. The clear implication is that black i.e. not fair skinned as she self-identified, is not an "international look" and that line of thinking is problematic.

Of course she may have merely misspoke but the expression of such sentiments is not uncommon.

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
and yeah it is a problem black women claiming other races. Black women in nyc are the worst of the worst. shyt had me like :rudy::mjpls:

That's the truth... I knew a black a$$ NY bytch with a Jamaican mother and missing father trying to tell me she's black and Italian. :rudy: Fukk outta here Jamaican pie face NY manly voice havin a$$ beeyotch.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I've never heard of the face either. She probably just means she's a fukking model and not a label. Idris Elba said nearly the same thing. The fair-skinned and international look thing kinda spears that theory though.

This is what I was going to say.

I mean at first I was going to agree with her, for example white models dont call themselves 'white' models, just models, but then that second line had me like :wtf:
fair-skinned? international? :what:

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Dont worry....she'll get her "****** Wake Up Call" very soon. They all do.