Black model on 'The Face' says she doesn't consider herself Black

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Really? What they say?
Cherokee, Latino, Asian.

Whatever will make them seem special in their mind. I understand if your parents are two different races and you mixed but they be reaching for a great grandparent and shyt.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
For me...the larger issue was her saying that she was not black (for you... the "international look" thing was the big issue for you). We all look at things from different angles. Your issue may not be my issue :manny:

The two are not unrelated. As others have noted she did not actually say that she didn't identify as ethnically black (and as you stated we can't be sure whether or not she'd even be wrong to) but qualified it in terms of how she views herself as a model.

Alone, the sentence,
I don't really consider myself to be a black girl model. I mean, I know what my ethnicity is...
Is pretty reasonable.

She acknowledges what she is but doesn't feel the need to frame her career in such terms, which is fair. Nobody should feel obliged to filter their life/professional experiences exclusively through ambiguous notions of race.

It only becomes an issue when she juxtaposes that notion of blackness with "fair skin" and an "international look" strongly implying that she believes it is unable to adequately represent those things.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
michael_jackson_transformation.jpg

3690_Dead.gif

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
The two are not unrelated. As others have noted she did not actually say that she didn't identify as ethnically black (and as you stated we can't be sure whether or not she'd even be wrong to) but qualified it in terms of how she views herself as a model.

Alone, the sentence,

Is pretty reasonable.

She acknowledges what she is but doesn't feel the need to frame her career in such terms, which is fair. Nobody should feel obliged to filter their life/professional experiences exclusively through ambiguous notions of race.

It only becomes an issue when she juxtaposes that notion of blackness with "fair skin" and an "international look" strongly implying that she believes it is unable to adequately represent those things.

I got your point (and didn't even disagree), but as I stated in my first post to you, that is not the issue I commented on, not the the issue I wanted to focus on, nor the issue that I planned to discuss in the thread. That is something you wanted to discuss and focus on and you have that right, but my point is the issue that you wanted to focus on was not the issue that I wanted to.

I don't particularly like discussing "exoticness" "light skin/dark skin politics", and etc on message boards. I commented on the aspect that I wanted to comment on and you are welcome to extend the discussion however you like, but again, I don't really participate in such discussions.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Man fukk that biyatch let her claim what she want to claim

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
The more time passes the more un-adjusted we become. It's like we're devolving. :upsetfavre:

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
I can analyze her from a mile away

1.. only date white men who has that justin timberlake look
2. Don't fuk wit other black women unless they from another country so she can brainwashed them about American black men and women
3. Think dating black men is disgusting because she think black men are not educated only listen to rap music and doesn't have manners as her white prince
4. Doesn't eat soul food.. the taste of fried chicken and grits are disgusting

:comeon: She has a child with a Black man.

lightskinjezebel

IBERIAN SCUM
Daps
She's not fair skinned as she is quite swarthy complexioned (not a bad thing however)
She has more caucasoid features though.