Bad movie theater experiences

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The only bad experience I can remember was seeing Creed 3. A group of teenage girls came into the theater 10 minutes after the movie started and they were really loud. They were arguing with each other and about to start fighting before they finally calmed down and sat down in the same row as me.

But then they kept on talking nonstop throughout the entire movie, taking out their phones, getting up from their seats to walk back and forth at least 5 times, laughing during serious moments, and saying over and over again that they didn't like the movie and didn't know why they were there. One of them kept playing some dumb sound effect on their phone at random moments.

I don't even know if it was a good movie or not because I could barely pay attention to what was happening on the screen

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
You would think there would be a lot of fatalities and fights in movie theaters especially when you consider how common road rage is and all the fukkery that comes with that. Take a hundred different personalities and put them into one room somebody's bound to flip out on another person.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the only really bad experience was when myself and an ex of mine went to go see descent in the theaters...there were like 4 kids in there talking loud as fukk throughout the whole gotdamn movie...mfrs telling them to be quiet but they wouldnt listen...ushers didnt do shyt about it either

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Saw Dune at the theater, and the screen had a blue cast to the image. It was like watching the movie with blue glasses on. If I weren't with friends, I would have walked out and demanded my money back. Besides that I always have a great experience. The cinema experience today is far greater than it was in the 90s and early 2000s. I must admit, the digital projectors aren't as good as the film projectors back in the day. Haven't seen an IMAX film in a while, but that's the definitive cinema experience. No home projectors or 8K TV is going to match the fidelity of 70mm film. Also never go opening night. I always go during the week and preferably during the day.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
There's a drive in theater 5min from my crib. I like going there. Have my snacks ready and just smoke in the car watching the movie

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
There's a drive in theater 5min from my crib. I like going there. Have my snacks ready and just smoke in the car watching the movie
I went and saw Beetlejuice at a drive in with a big titty Spanish jawn. shyt was one of life's true pleasures. You gotta get a good spot though cause there's usually some form of fukkery near the back or people leaving their lights on.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Couple brought they baby to an r rater horror movie and baby was screaming randomly throughout

Who the fukk brings a baby to the movie theater, I'm 42 and I ain't never seen that in my entire life :dahell::russ:

Thankfully I don't have many. I don't mind people chatting a little and reacting to the movie if it's a blockbuster, but I usually tend to not go see them in the first few weeks and I try not to go on the weekends to avoid the crowds. To be honest often times the worst is people checking their phones, the light tends to distract me.

Daps
I rarely go these days (particularly the first few opening weekends) because usually somebody in the audience has terrible etiquette and ruins the experience.

Anybody got any stories?
Not really.

Usually go to Alamo Drafthouse or some spot like that with a full service menu. Staff is chill as are the guests. Seen some ratchet shyt at the hood adjacent $1 movies back in the day, but the experience was still good.

Daps
I forget what I was watching, but some guy had a Bluetooth earpiece in his ear, and the blue light kept flashing, and it was really bright and annoying.

And don’t go to any movie that teen girls will see. It’s non stop whispering, and giggling.

But I’m going to see the Barbie movie, because it looks hilarious, and ridiculous, and I want to be in on all the jokes and memes.

:hubie:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Who the fukk brings a baby to the movie theater, I'm 42 and I ain't never seen that in my entire life :dahell::russ:
Some terrible ass parents.

It was for thar film, hostel in 2006.

Guess they couldn't find a babysitter. I just had a miserable time watching cause it would get interrupted.

I thankfully wasn't that close to them though. But it's a theater and you can hear that shyt from any place you sit. They at least had the decency to exit the room until it stopped...but it would start up here and there

Daps
When get out was first released there was some dude who wouldnt shut up during every single scene. I mean had something to say about everything.
Speaking of which, I saw this on a weekday in the early evening, and it was just me, and four old white ladies in the theater.

:sadcam:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Some terrible ass parents.

It was for thar film, hostel in 2006.

Guess they couldn't find a babysitter. I just had a miserable time watching cause it would get interrupted.

I thankfully wasn't that close to them though. But it's a theater and you can hear that shyt from any place you sit. They at least had the decency to exit the room until it stopped...but it would start up here and there

That's wild. Glad I've never had to go through that bs :francis: