Bad movie theater experiences

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
My first job was as a projectionist at a theater. Thank God they let me up there, cause I had to train on concessions and cleaning up after shows.

The worst is cleaning up after shows. You will not BELIEVE the obscene amount of popcorn people will waste all on the seat, under the seat, in the aisle... How you spend damn near $20 on popcorn and waste it all :why: I didn't even do that shyt long but it fukked my head up something serious. I was 17 back then, I'm 35 now! :mindblown:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Wakanda Forever.

Just my luck to be sitting in front of 2 ignorant women and a man. Just talking all the way through. And not a comment here and there. Just having a straight up conversation with cursing and what not. I just can’t comprehend people so self absorbed and rude as to not give any fukks about ruining an experience for others. Finally got up and moved several rows down. My friends stayed but after they said they wish they did what I did.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Besides crying kids.

When I went to see John Wick 3. 2 guys in the same row were having a full blown conversation. Like not even talking about the movie and they were going to keep going until my bro asked if they could keep it down.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I went last night to see Big George Foreman. Again, it wasn't the people, it was a member of the staff, acting passive aggressive as usual. Yes, Black people can be passive aggressive towards one another. This time it was a young dude I never seen before. I see some of them are still tripping on me for giving that cute 18 year-old extra attention one day, who's not even there anymore for the most part, or she be working in some far away station, where I don't cross her path. Tbh, she kinda started the tease...you know how they do. Perhaps she was showing off her body one day, to show me she wasn't as young as she looks face wise. I must admit, shorty surprised me with those curves. Anyway, I've cut back my visits, but they're still tripping. And tbh, being an A-List member is giving me too much reason to load up on popcorn and drinks throughout the week. I don't need all that, just like I didn't really need all that last night, not to mention this location is still looking more and more filthier, and they're still running out of things too early, even ice for some of the soda fountains. The spoiler below is long. In it, I discussed more about the young girl, and what I think caused so much of the staff to trip, with their petty mentalities.

Anyway, you know how it usually goes with young girls. It never leads to anything. That's either because you don't wanna be seen hollering at nobody that young, or you wound up changing your routine by coincidence, or she leaves the job. I haven't been in this situation a whole lot...but enough. One time I was in this situation several years ago with this cute 20 year-old sister who worked at Subway. And her older Black manager, who was a little older than me, would almost break his back to keep her from waiting on me, after she practically told me she was available, especially when she saw my new suv...lol. Then one day, some older White man, about my age, looking worst than Beetle Juice, hollered at her, and gave her his business card. And her old simple-minded manger was fine with that...smh. I'm sure that older White man did that to show me I should be thinking, "f*** what anybody else thinks", especially if she's of age, and she's willing. That's how White folks look at it, and everybody leaves them the f*** alone. But us, it could lead to a fight over a girl who don't belong to anybody, and the negro instigating could already have a girl. Then you wonder why so many brothers wound go getting f***ed up.

So I'm sure I got the weird treatment yesterday because of that cute young girl. One day I finally told her she looked too young to work there (before she one day showed be that curving body when she came from behind the counter). Anyway, that lead to a brief conversation, and I was off to the movie. Then one day, she was collecting tickets at the front door, and I said hi to her. That was it. But she sorta waved me off. But she had waved at me once before this, so I saw no big deal in speaking to her first. But that's all it took for her co-workers to trip.

Anyway, all I do is get my snacks, and if I see the girl up close, I'll wave. Or sometimes I don't if she's not looking directly at me. On my visit last week before yesterday, she waved at me, because it's been a while since I've seen her. But she was kinda far away, and I kinda looked the other way. So I guess she's gonna act rude the next time she see's me, like she did that day I told her she looked too young to be working there. Her rudeness that day prompted me to make that comment. She was probably acting that way because I looked away from her once before. That day, I had came out the theater to use the restroom. I'm not sure if she waved at me or not, but I should have at least waived at her, since she was all alone, and looking directly at me, not to mention she just sold me popcorn. Instead, I just gave her a little nod, and looked down. I really didn't like the ideal of a girl watching me going to the restroom. How was I suppose to look coming back....although she was gone anyway. Then I didn't want any of those simpleton co-workers of hers, including the security staff, to think I was tryna holler at no short young girl.

Another thing this narrow-minded staff probably couldn't handle, was when this other young girl told me I looked like this popular NFL football player from the 90's. Anyway, I'll probably talk a little more about the George Foreman movie in the other thread. This movie had a hidden agenda.

Meanwhile, I'm contemplating dropping this A-List membership altogether.

Last edited:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
When to the movie theater last week to see avatar,,, 2

In VR :youngsabo: only for 30 minutes tho:hubie: that movie long af

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Don’t really go to the movies now, but when I do it’s people showing up mad late, like 10-15 minutes late (when the trailers have ended and the movie has begun) and trying to find their seats. It’s just annoying.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I mostly have good experiences at movie theatres, but the last time I went a bunch of dumbass teenagers decided to pull the fire alarm as a prank. :beli:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I almost lost it on some dude talking behind me during the Dark Knight

Was excited to see The Rock in Mummy Returns; ran late and got in just after his part ended :mjlol:

Forget the movie but got the bubble guts during the show and missed a lot of it cause I was in the bathroom

Not my experience, but my dad is from Newark and he told me about the time he saw an argument escalate into gunfire :huhldup:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
A few years ago, I was in the theater with this shorty, seeing The Gentlemen. It was the last show on that Friday night. We’re sitting in the back row, middle, my usual go to seats. There was this African couple sitting in our row on the far left side of the theater. I only knew that because dude was on the phone during all of the previews and I could hear his girl complaining and telling him to turn his shyt off repeatedly.

Anyway, as soon as the movie starts, I mean literally the opening scene, this dude knocks out and starts snoring loud as fukk. The shyt got gradually louder and louder over time. It wasn’t a full house because it was so late so you saw people look back at the two of them and just move their seats so that nobody was on the left side of the theater except the two of them. Shorty knew what it was but she just kept munching on her popcorn and enjoying the movie.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I will say I don't get the same experiences a lot of you seem to get at the movies, at least not at the same frequency. That's probably because they have too much security where I go. They have so much security that you don't feel comfortable yourself sometimes. It's probably the reason the staff act so funny off and on, tryna pluck the nerve of certain customers, which is gonna cost the company in the long-run. They still have a hard time seeing the connection.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
One thing I don't like is when people don't move their legs back, when they see you coming or leaving. If you're constantly going back and forth, that's one thing. Myself, I like to load up on a large drink, and it sometimes send me to the restroom. So I always chose a seat on the far end, and I always have enough sense to move my legs back when somebody needs to get by, whether they're coming or going, even if it's the same person more than once.

But what's even worst, is when the movie is over, and the person at the end don't move their legs back to let you out, especially for a big guy like me. Most females will instantly move their legs back, except the one a few months ago, when I went to see Creed 3. She probably acted that way because she had her son sitting across from her. By the way she was acting, and the movie that was playing, I wouldn't be surprised if her son boxed. But like I said, most women will move their legs back. In fact I think a lot of them fake like their scared, like the one I was just taking about. After I had to stand there for 10 seconds, then say "excuse me", she tried to pretend like she was startled, knowing she had her son with her.

A few months before the incident above, there was a couple at the end of the row, with the sister sitting on the end seat. The brother didn't move his legs back at all, and I had to creep slowly by him. But his girl immediately moved her legs back, which showed me the dude was being an a**. Being a tall guy like me, and it being dark, it's easier to trip over somebody's legs, and fall on them, when they don't move their legs back at least a little. After I got past his girl, I almost wanted to say something to him. He wasn't no young dude, and he was old enough to know better. I'm no young dude either, and his girl at least respected that.

When I think back, I seldom go when it's crowded. That's probably another reason I don't get the same frequency of bad experiences with other visitors, as some of y'all get. As a matter of fact, it was a large crowd on both of those occasions above.

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Btw, I do see better behaved people at imax and dolby showings, than I do at some of these digital showings...unless it's super crowded.

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I was drunk and saw a sold out showing of The Joker. I had an isle seat and sat next to a couple. This chick had a bunch of her shyt on my seat and I asked her to move them. Shortie was not happy that I came in and sat next to them. :manny:

I came in hot with a pint of something something and a vape pen. Soon as the lights cut started blowing that MFer. :mjlit:
She was giving me looks and attitude and complaining to her man. He was cool tried to defuse to her(said nothing to me) :salute:

I started cracking up at parts of the movie that I guess weren't funny? Like when the Joker got jumped and his sign broken on him. :russ:

Shortie next 2 me got real annoyed at me having a good time. Next thing you know I was half way through the pint; there were a couple other parts where I was the only 1 laughing. can't really remember them tho :mjlol:

movie got boring and I ran out of popcorn. I ended up bouncing prolly 3/4 through and going to do something else.... thinking the movie was trash lol

saw it sober a few months later and it wasn't bad :ehh:

my girl Vanessa tho :takedat: