Are we all in agreement that the Series X/S is the worst console launch of all time?

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
The Series S exist because they wanted something at the $299 price point. They lose more on the Series S than they do on the X. At the same time the X sells better than the S. They should have just copied Sony took the disc drive out and went $399. It’s clear that their anticipation of the $299 price point driving sales isn’t playing out how they imagined because the X is more in demand even $200 more.
It will be discontinued within 2 years

it’s a steaming pile of shyt

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Remember when the Xbox 360 came out and people didn’t really have HDTVs like that. They didn’t make a cut down 360 for SDTV customers. People were bytching they couldn’t read the text in games and Microsoft shrugged their shoulders. The S doesn’t exist because people really wanted it to it was made so they could advise a price and the justification came after that. It was a bad move.
This is like saying there’s no place for budget graphics cards. Lots of consumers would rather save money than reach for top of the line performance

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
People can beat their chests about exclusives all they want. If the game isn't compelling to an individual, then it doesn't matter in the end. What's fun to you may not be fun to me, may not be fun to the next person.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People can beat their chests about exclusives all they want. If the game isn't compelling to an individual, then it doesn't matter in the end. What's fun to you may not be fun to me, may not be fun to the next person.

Yeah yeah...xbox players will be beating their chest about exclusives once they start getting exclusives

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is like saying there’s no place for budget graphics cards. Lots of consumers would rather save money than reach for top of the line performance
Graphics cards aren’t usually closed box systems. A video game console is a closed box system. You don’t get to custom order a video game console and from a retail standpoint simplifying things is better.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Graphics cards aren’t usually closed box systems. A video game console is a closed box system. You don’t get to custom order a video game console and from a retail standpoint simplifying things is better.
So now there’s two performance options if you want to play Xbox games :ehh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The Series S exist because they wanted something at the $299 price point. They lose more on the Series S than they do on the X. At the same time the X sells better than the S. They should have just copied Sony took the disc drive out and went $399. It’s clear that their anticipation of the $299 price point driving sales isn’t playing out how they imagined because the X is more in demand even $200 more.
False, they know that most households don't own a 4k television and with the pandemic affecting the world like it has its easy for the more fortunate to forget that plenty of people are still very much struggling out here. And even before the pandemic there was a large number of gamers who are not in the position to get a next gen system at all let alone a system and a TV to go with it. Most gamers myself included had to pay $1500 or more just to get into the game. I could have bought a series s and called it a day, maybe upgrade in 2022/23.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
False, they know that most households don't own a 4k television and with the pandemic affecting the world like it has its easy for the more fortunate to forget that plenty of people are still very much struggling out here. And even before the pandemic there was a large number of gamers who are not in the position to get a next gen system at all let alone a system and a TV to go with it. Most gamers myself included had to pay $1500 or more just to get into the game. I could have bought a series s and called it a day, maybe upgrade in 2022/23.

Most households don’t own 4k tv but own consoles that cost more than a standard 4k tv. Right.

Can you even buy a non-4k tv anymore?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah yeah...xbox players will be beating their chest about exclusives once they start getting exclusives

How you gonna criticize something and a player base for years and then expect them not to respond?:gucci:

Y'all say some wild stuff.

Of course you gonna catch heat when exclusives start to drop

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Most households don’t own 4k tv but own consoles that cost more than a standard 4k tv. Right.

Can you even buy a non-4k tv anymore?
Where are you getting this from, you don't get out much do you :gucci:
I agree 4k is affordable, I know when they was pushing 1080p sets they claimed as wouldn't be doing 4k for 20yrs. It's all bullshyt tho bruh, we don't see in 4k. They could have added HDR to 1080p but where's the profit in that?
With all that said, there are too many ppl who can't afford a new television. you clearly not in that position and you don't know many if any ppl in that position. I should rob your bytch ass :birdman:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And when the Xbox 360 came out most people didn’t own HDTVs. Did they make a 360 with reduced power at a much cheaper price to address those users?

The price sensitive people don’t early adapt. That’s why the Series X is more in demand. They wasted effort trying to cater to a segment of the market that lags behind because they thought the $299 price point would wow people.

It’s been pointed out that in some areas the Series S is readily available yet the X is sold out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Where are you getting this from, you don't get out much do you :gucci:
I agree 4k is affordable, I know when they was pushing 1080p sets they claimed as wouldn't be doing 4k for 20yrs. It's all bullshyt tho bruh, we don't see in 4k. They could have added HDR to 1080p but where's the profit in that?
With all that said, there are too many ppl who can't afford a new television. you clearly not in that position and you don't know many if any ppl in that position. I should rob your bytch ass :birdman:

Anyone who can afford a new gaming console can afford a new tv