Are we all in agreement that the Series X/S is the worst console launch of all time?

Daps
Nope

Wii U ( people thought it was a Wii add on it had a terrible name and the marketing was abysmal plus almost 0 third party support )

XBOX ONE (the DRM announcement angered 360 owners a lot switched to PS4 Don Matrick was in full defiance with regard to the policy and fukked up with that press conference the XBOX ONE was a terrible name the, OG Xbox was always thought of as the Xbox one, this confused casuals)

Series X and S had a solid launch

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How many of these threads are you going to make :mjtf:

I thought TLR was the worst section on this site but the arcadium may have it beat
It’s amazing to see someone so eager to discuss a product they have no interest in at all.

I don’t play mobile games. Have no interest in them. I also don’t really talk about them. I’m sorry but there’s nothing fascinating about products that don’t appeal to you.

It’s not like the people that do this are unbiased consumers either. If you’ll never actually admit that the other side potentially has interesting software you’d want. If your personal taste in gaming is determined by what company sources a game it’s all a waste anyway.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Series S is just an overall trash system.
The Series S shouldn't exist. They should have just got those guys on the streaming box. The price is attractive but the damn thing is so gimped most people are gonna want the better console.

Despite that I'm still not seeing all these Xbox gamers up in arms over the quality of the state of the Xbox Series library. I see way more PlayStation gamers who don't like Xbox to begin with upset over the state of the Xbox library. The reality is almost everywhere is still sold out of Xbox Series X. If things were so bad why is that? If this is historically the worst system launch in history why is it sold out? It ain't cheap.

I remember back when the PS3 came out you could walk in a store and easily nab one without much effort and Jack Tretton said if you can find a PS3 in a store he'd pay you $1200 and people were posting pictures of mountains of them online. This was January like a few months after launch.

Let's not act like consoles like the 3DO don't exist. Let's not act like the Sega 32x didn't exist .There's been far worse console launches for products that helped bankrupt the companies involved.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The Series S shouldn't exist.
Nah, it’s a good low end system.

Keep in mind, most people don’t have a 4K tv and the people that do most likely have a struggle 4k that ain’t even worth hooking the Series X up to.

It’s highly portable, and performance is generally pretty good at lower resolutions.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The Series S shouldn't exist. They should have just got those guys on the streaming box. The price is attractive but the damn thing is so gimped most people are gonna want the better console.

Despite that I'm still not seeing all these Xbox gamers up in arms over the quality of the state of the Xbox Series library. I see way more PlayStation gamers who don't like Xbox to begin with upset over the state of the Xbox library. The reality is almost everywhere is still sold out of Xbox Series X. If things were so bad why is that? If this is historically the worst system launch in history why is it sold out? It ain't cheap.

I remember back when the PS3 came out you could walk in a store and easily nab one without much effort and Jack Tretton said if you can find a PS3 in a store he'd pay you $1200 and people were posting pictures of mountains of them online. This was January like a few months after launch.

Let's not act like consoles like the 3DO don't exist. Let's not act like the Sega 32x didn't exist .There's been far worse console launches for products that helped bankrupt the companies involved.
This thread is about to fall off the map now. Too much truth in this post :huhldup:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Like what meech said, if you don't have 4ktv then you only have 1080p max for TV and the Series S is very capable there. And once these tools mature it'll be better at not going lower than that. Machine learning isn't exclusive to the series x nah mean....

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Like what meech said, if you don't have 4ktv then you only have 1080p max for TV and the Series S is very capable there. And once these tools mature it'll be better at not going lower than that. Machine learning isn't exclusive to the series x nah mean....
The Series S exist because they wanted something at the $299 price point. They lose more on the Series S than they do on the X. At the same time the X sells better than the S. They should have just copied Sony took the disc drive out and went $399. It’s clear that their anticipation of the $299 price point driving sales isn’t playing out how they imagined because the X is more in demand even $200 more.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Remember when the Xbox 360 came out and people didn’t really have HDTVs like that. They didn’t make a cut down 360 for SDTV customers. People were bytching they couldn’t read the text in games and Microsoft shrugged their shoulders. The S doesn’t exist because people really wanted it to it was made so they could advise a price and the justification came after that. It was a bad move.