Anyone looking to make 150k+ a year? Got the perfect career for you (Hiring in May)

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I mean this thread lol

Every so often a thread about this job comes up
I'm gonna be honest... The vast majority of people have no idea what this job even is, or what it entails.

I feel like a large amount of people think it's military work, another think you only work at the airport, another think your the guy with the wands.

So I do question what some of these topics are even saying lol

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Im too old now, but im positive that job would over process my brain calculations and thinking,,,

Only a certain type of person can perform that job well,,
I Once did master control for a news station,, technically job is easy for some,,,,that shyt had my Brian Calculating and alert for hours,, plus if you make a small mistake everyone will lnow,,,

I ran back to information technology quick as fukk,,,,

Master control
Designing-Master-Control-Part1_789_500_70_s.jpg

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I tested in ATL for the gig back in 2008. My cousin went too. He made it and I didn't. Of course he had to live in Iowa for 10 years and just moved to Bmore about a year ago. I mean it's worth it if you don't have anything else lined up but having to live where ever they send you isn't the business to me for under 200K

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
We’re talking about doing a job. Experience is usually what sets people apart when you talk about efficiency and effectiveness
I was thinking reaction time and quick thinking would be important for this job. Young people are better at that.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I love how the first thing cats do in a thread like this is complain about how hard it is :mjlol:

and then they'll post later today about how white supremacy is holding them back

never change Coli
Not a fair assessment in this case. I work in the aviation industry and air traffic controller is routinely mentioned as one of the most stressful jobs. I was talking to a quality control supervisor who works damn near 100 hours a week and he said he would never do it because of the daily stress. During the same convo someone mentioned that their son tried it out but quit because he was so stressed out and had to start taking antidepressants.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait. Do i choose to work in the office/tower.

I dont want to be one of those schmucks waving them colorful wands around in -35 degree weather.

If i dont need experience, then ill check this out.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Nikkas in the Coli couldn’t follow a GPS to a local outlet mall, but you expect them to control and navigate commercial airlines in the Sky. :dahell:
Funny you mention that, but last month, we were in Chesterfield, Mo(burbs of STL), and I told my wife in know the way to the outlet mall. After she kept seein I didn't know where I was goin, she turned on her GPS:mjlol:

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps

I dont want to be one of those schmucks waving them colorful wands around in -35 degree weather.

Tower or Center. The position you're talking about is a marshaller position that's usually associated with ground crew.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I love how the first thing cats do in a thread like this is complain about how hard it is :mjlol:

and then they'll post later today about how white supremacy is holding them back

never change Coli
Breh, a dude on sohh said the English language and spelling of words are culturally biased:mjlol:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Lmao I made the cut. I turn 31 a couple days after the deadline :mjlol:

I'm not signing up but I'll send this to friends and family

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Not a fair assessment in this case. I work in the aviation industry and air traffic controller is routinely mentioned as one of the most stressful jobs. I was talking to a quality control supervisor who works damn near 100 hours a week and he said he would never do it because of the daily stress. During the same convo someone mentioned that their son tried it out but quit because he was so stressed out and had to start taking antidepressants.
thats life in the working world breh.

you want to be excellent at something?
thats what it is.

there's a downside to everything.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

You need just 3 years full time work experience, or a combination of part time/school/full time over a few.

You don't have to know anything about aviation.