Anyone looking to make 150k+ a year? Got the perfect career for you (Hiring in May)

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
What happens after I apply?

You will wait for an email and set up a time for a test that you need to pass in order to get to the next step.. in this test there is basically a bunch of "games" and math problems that you need to do well on. Things like "separating multiple dots on a screen while also doing math problems".. and "memorizing 10 sets of numbers in order", etc. etc.

A prep test that’s pretty much exactly like the real test (I haven’t used it, but multiple of my homies have said so). Does cost a bit of bread, but worth it imo.

(They have changed up the test before, back in 2013 or so….so be cautious of that if you do use the prep)

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Damn, did not know that. Never crossed my mind

Do they get that type of income by sheer volume of doing like a whole lot of flights per week by not taking alot of days off?
Different airlines pay differently. Years of experience factor in as well. I'm not sure about the other parts of your question though I'm sure you could ask chatgpt or something

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I applied months ago and almost immediately moved forward with the job process(they must've needed people badly). Took one of their practice exams and had no idea what I was doing for a part of it lol. As soon as I submitted it I got an email saying I didn't pass and that I was disqualified :sadbron:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good looking out OP,my sister was telling me I should do this a decade ago. But I personally didnt want a job where other peoples lives at risk. This and being a person that accepts police calls I rejected. We salute you for your service:salute:.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
What are the age requirements for individuals without previous air traffic control (ATC) experience? Applicants who do not have at least 52 weeks of ATC experience must be age 31 or below, as of the closing date of the vacancy announcement.

So even if you’re 31 you’ve still got time :flabbynsick:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Some of the drawbacks of the job are:

- the relocation factor, if you get a city you like off rip…cool. If not, it’s not always easy to transfer out.

I’ve seen people resign before they even start the “real” training due to being homesick.

- time off: you get about 3 or so weeks of vacation every year… but you bid your time off in Fall for the following year. As an example: in October 2023…I gotta pick all the days off I want for 2024. So you gotta plan way in advance, if you trying to do family trips or link ups. It’s not likely, damn near impossible to get approved vacation days 1 week, 1 month, 3 months from now. Some people just use sick leave for last minute trips and what not.

- actual ‘random’ drug tests

There are a lot of pros but main ones are: 1) after you’re certified, you don’t take ‘work’ home with you. 2) the pay: if you get en Route….depending on how your training goes, you can be making 160k+ in two years or under. If you really an OT fiend, you could probably bring home 10-12k a month.

The raises go something like 42k out of the academy…and as you get your certifications….55k —> 75k —> 98k —> 125k+ (base) once fully certified.
$42,000 starting out? And you have to relocate.

So people have to…. I guess that’s why the cut off age is 31. People older aren’t inclined to start for that little bit of money.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
$42,000 starting out? And you have to relocate.

So people have to…. I guess that’s why the cut off age is 31. People older aren’t inclined to start for that little bit of money.
Nah it's that 42k is what you'd make AT THE ACADEMY.

Once you get to your facility, after passing OKC and picking, graduate pay is like 55-60k depending on location.

You can save up a good chunk of change while at the academy, but yeah that is the biggest downside is the lack of $$ being paid to you for relocation