Anyone Else Look At Physical Copies With Disgust Now?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gamestop in 2018 :dwillhuh:

You know we got multiple delivery services out there right and all sorts of discounts/rebates/membership deals now? It ain't just Xbox and Sony setting prices anymore either. Only time I drive is when I'm selling something back in person. Even then, you can flip that too through ebay.

Hustles to be had out here :ld:
Again, time is money.

The time you spent driving back to trade it in or posting/selling on Ebay could be spent doing other things.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shelves and shelves of cases in a crib is :hhh: to me. We on that minimalist shyt.
Most of the games I’ve played this gen have been sold back and used the money to buy more games. I’ve saved quite a lot of money that way. I rarely play games twice anyway unless it’s really good.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Again, time is money.

The time you spent driving back to trade it in or posting/selling on Ebay could be spent doing other things.
It literally is :dwillhuh:

Which is why I mentioned the money you can save/make by flipping stuff instead of downloading it, not relying on whatever sale is on the Sony/MS store, and watching digitals collect digital dust

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It literally is :dwillhuh:

Which is why I mentioned the money you can save/make by flipping stuff instead of downloading it, not relying on whatever sale is on the Sony/MS store, and watching digitals collect digital dust
@MeachTheMonster puts premium gas in his Bentley.
What makes you think saving $15 day one with the possibility of getting back $10 more if he beats the game in a week is worth his time? :hhh:
Just accept we ain't cut from the same cloth or with the same scissors for that matter. :hhh:
You know the best way to save money....pick up the game from Redbox since you plan on getting rid of it anyway. That way you can spend a total of $10 instead of $60 with a possible $20 return. :KhaledUSMRT:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Then tell me where Marvel vs Capcom 2 is and why can't I play it?
When games are pulled from a store they are pulled both physically and digitally.

If you already own the game digitally then it won’t be deleted/disabled from your library. Once you own it, you can play it indefinitely.

What you can’t do is buy physically or download digitally if the game has been removed from the store. So in that way having a “backup” hardirve full of your games is the same as having a shelf in your house to store the games you already purchased.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
actually i look at all digital as a con game. full price for fewer rights
You do know that buying a game physically only means you bought the permission to play the game.
You don't on the actual game itself.
You lose a level of control over what you purchased when you go digital only...not actual rights breh.
It might seem like semantics but it's actually an important point to keep in perspective.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@MeachTheMonster puts premium gas in his Bentley.
What makes you think saving $15 day one with the possibility of getting back $10 more if he beats the game in a week is worth his time? :hhh:
Just accept we ain't cut from the same cloth or with the same scissors for that matter. :hhh:
Exactly. And I’m not trying to pretend to be rich or anything but at this point in my life $15 :hula:convenience....

Convenience will always win. I spend $15 on the dumbest shyt daily.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
You do know that buying a game physically only means you bought the permission to play the game.
You don't on the actual game itself.
You lose a level of control over what you purchased when you go digital only...not actual rights breh.
It might seem like semantics but it's actually an important point to keep in perspective.
nah, it is semantics. nobody enforces eulas on games. gamestop made billions on de facto rights

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ya'll keep talking about resale value with video games. :DAIGOSKIP:
Can we stop pretending gaming is a legitimate investment and behave like men for 2 seconds.
If you're buying games on disc solely for the opportunity to sell that disc later you're pouring copious amounts of jelly all over yourself. :DAIGOMJLOL:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Sorry. Like physical. Like steelbooks. Like artwork. Sue me :manny: I get games damn near free anyway. Can’t say that for digital. I did cop blops4 digital tho for the maps which I regret tho

Daps
Having to install games from the CD:hhh:

this is why alot of my games are digital that and discs not always being read on my PS4. The whole point of CDs is not to take up space on your system

not being able to trade in digital games though:martin:

but they are:ld: cheap a lot of the time and available on PS+