Anyone Else Look At Physical Copies With Disgust Now?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not at all, has nothing to do with trade ins either, I never trade in games because the trade in prices are pointless anyway, mainly I like to just have the physicals for the collection.

Some of yall making putting a disc in your console sound this huge fukking inconvenience :mjlol:

Edit: I do buy some digital tho, mainly games you can just get from the PS store, RE4 for example

Rout3r2035

Superstar
Daps
Nope not true :camby:

Discs, you disc users, and your excuses are disgusting:scust:

This doesn't happen often enough to be a legitimate concern (and I'm heavily on the side of physical media).

better hope your VCR doesn't eat your tape

It's only a problem like 5% of the time. Or it's only an issue if you want to play an old unpatched release.

Either way, the time and space saved by going digital >>>>

:mjlol:At these naive ass responses. With how fukking greedy this industry is, you guys think they won't start pulling licenses and even entire storefronts sooner and sooner? Look at what they did with online servers, sports games barely stay up for two years whereas it used to be way longer. You give these companies an inch and they'll take a mile, especially when digital acceptance grows more and more and people hit the :manny:in regards to delistings

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:At these naive ass responses. With how fukking greedy this industry is, you guys think they won't start pulling licenses and even entire storefronts sooner and sooner? Look at what they did with online servers, sports games barely stay up for two years whereas it used to be way longer. You give these companies an inch and they'll take a mile, especially when digital acceptance grows more and more and people hit the :manny:in regards to delistings

I don't disagree but the reality for a busy guy like myself is that shyt doesn't matter TO ME. I assume it's the same for a lot of gamers. The nostalgia of grabbing the disc from a game I bought in 2015 and playing it is grossly overstated. I barely go back and play these games that are likely to be pulled or whatever. Gamers tend to have a large backlog so I'm not sure where the fear of not being able to play a game comes from.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
If Netflix and HBOGo want to pull shows and movies from their service they can at any point. I don't see the difference with games. I understand the convenience (outside of install times) of buying digital and having everything in one place but knowing you'll have it as long as YOU want it is important.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
Not true. Plenty of popular games can be found on discount digitally.

Buying a game physically or digitally you are merely buying the right to play said game. The disc or the server check in is your proof of said right.

Discs have limitations online check ins do not. As long as you have the internet(which we all have in our pocket) then you carry your ownership of games with you. Physically you have to have the disc with you to prove ownership. In 2018 it’s much easier to have the internet than it is to have a disc with you.
i thought you said more rights, breh

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So if they take an online server down, how will the disc help you? :stopitslime:
Ya’ll stay making strawman arguments. Only logical reason for physical copies today is if you’re a collector. Any other reason and you’re hustling backwards. Dummies:mjlol:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Nope. Still love my physical games. I play them more than my digital ccollection.

I like the anticipation of buying a game, unwrapping the protective film, opening up the case, taking out the disc and putting it the console.

Then the bloody game install.

leoc

All Star
Bushed
Daps
the space that physical copies take :francis:

when it comes to movies, digital>>>>>

but i still prefer physical when it comes to video games. i only buy maybe 3 video games a year anyways :yeshrug:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
If you trading in games you already lost. :hhh:
If you can't get a good idea of whether or not you would like a game before purchasing it then you get to hold another L.
You crazy on this. Some games I know I'll only want to run through once. Especially when Best Buy had Gamers Club. You could buy a game brand new for 48 plus tax with a $10 gift card for preordering. I could knock the game out in a couple of weeks and trade that shyt in for 30+. So overall only out of around $10 for a few weeks of playing a game. I rarely go back and play games after beating it once.

I have no problem going digital for certain games that I know I'll keep forever or that will lose value quickly like Destiny, The Division, or MLB The Show. But games like sports games if I'm not feeling them I'm quick to trade them in if too much is broken on it or not feeling the gameplay.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I’ve been over physicals once ps3 started letting you download certain games digitally at launch. Since then I’ve probably bought 95% digital. The physical games I got I’ve played a lot less lol crazy.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why Vudu instead of just iTunes?
If you have all your accounts linked to Movies anywhere, it really doesn't matter where you buy it. You can shop around for best price.

Only sometimes some provider have it in UHD/4K before the others so keep that in mind. but once they go UHD on the other providers it'll upgrade for you.