Anyone Else Look At Physical Copies With Disgust Now?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Physical discs? Hell yeah. We digital baby. The last physical disc I copped was probably Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes I think.

But with my Switch, the cartridges are kinda dope.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree 100%.
You know I'm in the minority though. I want physical games for all the :flabbynsick: reasons.
Plus I'm a sucker for nostalgia. I miss the days of getting home with a copy of Reasonable Doubt and reading the credits and looking at the art work.
I remember losing my mind when I opened the copy of the Blueprint for the first time and saw that the booklet had see through pages like an actual blueprint.
I feel the same way about video games. For me, it isn't the actual games that mean anything to me (I mean.... yeah to an extent) it's more so the reminder of everything else that was going on in my life when certain games came out. The memories of playing with friends. The game is the vehicle that delivered the lifetime memories with friends that I cherish.
I'll still have those moments in the digital age, but being able to have something tangible adds to the nostalgia.
I'm glad I bought Killzone Shadow Fall physically. I got rid of that memory asap.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the sales are usually trash games, and what are those extra rights?
Not true. Plenty of popular games can be found on discount digitally.

Buying a game physically or digitally you are merely buying the right to play said game. The disc or the server check in is your proof of said right.

Discs have limitations online check ins do not. As long as you have the internet(which we all have in our pocket) then you carry your ownership of games with you. Physically you have to have the disc with you to prove ownership. In 2018 it’s much easier to have the internet than it is to have a disc with you.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I only do digital for Steam. Console games I get the physical copy, and will do so until they stop. I just prefer to have the disk. At the same time though, after updates, DLC, and patches, does it really matter if you have the physical copy? In essence, the physical copy isn't the full version of the game.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
been digital since day 1

:Scustgay: I remember these fakkits on sohh talking about "Bbbbbbbbbbbut what if I wanna go to my bois crib and put my disc in"

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Ya'll keep talking about resale value with video games. :DAIGOSKIP:
Can we stop pretending gaming is a legitimate investment and behave like men for 2 seconds.
If you're buying games on disc solely for the opportunity to sell that disc later you're pouring copious amounts of jelly all over yourself. :DAIGOMJLOL:
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

nikkas on Ebay with the flip like...

"I got the fresh out the box Yeezy Spiderman on PS4's, original colorway, manual and disc case for $350.":mjgrin:

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I look at some of the digital games I bought but ended up not liking at all, in disgust. I only keep games I like in my possession

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
To add to this...
Has anyone gone all digital with movies yet?
Aside from the idea of making back ups of all my current discs and watching them off a plex server, I was think for future movies just buying them all digitally through iTunes.
I have one of the older Apple TVs and like it a lot. I'm pretty much cemented in the Apple ecosystem, so iTunes makes the most sense to me.
Just wonder if anyone else has experience already with the movies on iTunes.
Get yourself a 4k apple tv, and use vudu to go “disc to digital” i love my apple tv, and buy most my movies now on itunes, except for collectors sets or a good steel book. If you pay attention they have really good sales also, like two weeks ago i think it was, had a whole section of 80’s eddie murphy movies for 4.99.

As far as games I still prefer physical, but for a game like BO4 where im playing mostly online i go digital.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Get yourself a 4k apple tv, and use vudu to go “disc to digital” i love my apple tv, and buy most my movies now on itunes, except for collectors sets or a good steel book. If you pay attention they have really good sales also, like two weeks ago i think it was, had a whole section of 80’s eddie murphy movies for 4.99.

As far as games I still prefer physical, but for a game like BO4 where im playing mostly online i go digital.
Why Vudu instead of just iTunes?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree 100%.
You know I'm in the minority though. I want physical games for all the :flabbynsick: reasons.
Plus I'm a sucker for nostalgia. I miss the days of getting home with a copy of Reasonable Doubt and reading the credits and looking at the art work.
I remember losing my mind when I opened the copy of the Blueprint for the first time and saw that the booklet had see through pages like an actual blueprint.
I feel the same way about video games. For me, it isn't the actual games that mean anything to me (I mean.... yeah to an extent) it's more so the reminder of everything else that was going on in my life when certain games came out. The memories of playing with friends. The game is the vehicle that delivered the lifetime memories with friends that I cherish.
I'll still have those moments in the digital age, but being able to have something tangible adds to the nostalgia.

Well said.

I miss manuals/booklets. I always read them. They usually had funny stuff written and the notes in the back were useful too. It's kinda sad but that's the videogame industry nowadays, cutting costs comes first over nostalgia. I remember that as a kid, the drive back home was always for reading the manual, for me it was almost a tradition