[7/13/19] All Elite Wrestling: Fight For The Fallen

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yep, gotta go with him. Page crowd reactions compare to a lot of the guys tonight is huff. The last thing you want him is being the first guy with the belt.

I mean crowd reactions aside...Jericho just makes sense. He's the main name a mainstream audience would know. Why wouldn't he be your first champ? You make someone else a star on live TV by having them chase Jericho and beat him. Making page the first champ is setting him up for failure because when they're on TNT in the fall, his name won't be ringing any bells. That's one thing WCW did really well and smartly when nitro first started. Hogan was the champ so if you're flipping channels and see him in the ring with a belt on, you'll watch because he was hogan

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they need a "heel" commentator. someone to be the negative energy. Marvarez is trying to be that but his role isn't clearly defined. I know they want to do it more like an athletic event and there's no heel commentator in basketball or football, but some wrestling shyt works and that's one of the things that works when done right. JR and any good lead commentator thrives when they have someone to play off. Imagine Gorilla with Vince instead of Jesse or Bobby

Agreed. If Jericho wasn't still competing, he'd be perfect for it.

Daps
giphy.gif

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Yeah they need a "heel" commentator. someone to be the negative energy. Marvarez is trying to be that but his role isn't clearly defined. I know they want to do it more like an athletic event and there's no heel commentator in basketball or football, but some wrestling shyt works and that's one of the things that works when done right. JR and any good lead commentator thrives when they have someone to play off. Imagine Gorilla with Vince instead of Jesse or Bobby

The lack of a heel commentator isn't the problem, and honestly I wouldn't be mad if AEW chucked it out alongside the heel general manager.

The problem is that they don't have a real color guy, anyone who provides a different texture or perspective from the average play-by-play guy. Without that insight, you just have three decent to good guys who sound the same and comment on the same things.

Daps
I mean crowd reactions aside...Jericho just makes sense. He's the main name a mainstream audience would know. Why wouldn't he be your first champ? You make someone else a star on live TV by having them chase Jericho and beat him. Making page the first champ is setting him up for failure because when they're on TNT in the fall, his name won't be ringing any bells. That's one thing WCW did really well and smartly when nitro first started. Hogan was the champ so if you're flipping channels and see him in the ring with a belt on, you'll watch because he was hogan
dg7nf16uxhl21.jpg

Apex

Banned
Daps
i don't believe the mainstream audience knows chris jericho like that but yes hes their biggest worldwide name

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
he just feels like a superstar more so than everyone else
I'll give you that, he definitely stands out opposed to most of the generic poo bodied white boys on the roster. He looks like he actually knows what a gym is.