WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biden has done some good things. Great things. However, they aren't being felt by the average American. The cost of living is still wildly out of control and many people look at the Trump years with a certain fondness in terms of the economy (pre-Covid). IMO that'll be the main issue on a lot of people's minds. Not Gaza. Not Abortion. Not Democracy being threatened. They're all important. But when I talk to people in my particular circle (young and black) that's what is drawing people away from Biden. You couple that with a media that is failing to convey the danger of Trump and hyper-focuses on Biden's shortcomings, it isn't hard to imagine a 2nd Trump presidency. The Biden campaign needs to get more aggressive and communicate to people the danger of a second Trump presidency. He also needs to show more empathy when it comes to the economic uncertainty many people are feeling right now. With only 6 months away before the election I'm not sure if this is something the Biden campaign to turn around.

My beef with the Warlord is with handling of Gaza. Aside from that, I was very happy with his first term.

What surprises in talking to normies is the level of apathy and straight up disdain towards him from people who don’t even care that much about Gaza issue that much. The anger towards him is nebulous too. Very few ppl I talked to were able to coherently explain why their feelings.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wow. Thats incredibly sad lol.

I don't think its poor folk tho, or even middle class people. IIRC, even the retail traders had some capital spend. The initial people probably are more middle class though.

The article had profiles of some investors. Some 50 something year old dude used his entire life savings of 30K to buy the stock at $70. He also said even if he loses all his money, he will never abandon Trump. :wow: :mjlol:

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgetting the polls since they haven't been accurate for a long time, what sense are you guys getting from talking to normies IRL? Normies that i've been talking to recently don't seem very enthused about the election.
The people my age (30's) don't care for Trump or Biden. They are struggling due to inflation, layoffs and possibly being laid off. The older people hate Trump (I live in a liberal area) and even went out of their to vote for Haley to take Trump out by registering an Independents when they regularly vote Democrat.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the polls are true and Biden loses to a man currently on trial is it possible maybe we’re reaching an era where it’s gonna be hard for presidents to get re elected a 2nd term?

Obviously Biden has huge flaws but can it also be the fact that with the 24 hour news cycle where every mistake you make is caught on camera and negativity sells. Where even a semi positive article has a negative headline for clickbait in an era where a lot of people just read headlines that maybe it’s very hard for a current president to win?

I know when Obama won again in 2012 there was social media but the 24 hour news cycle through social media was just starting and it wasn’t to the level it is now

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If the polls are true and Biden loses to a man currently on trial is it possible maybe we’re reaching an era where it’s gonna be hard for presidents to get re elected a 2nd term?

Obviously Biden has huge flaws but can it also be the fact that with the 24 hour news cycle where every mistake you make is caught on camera and negativity sells. Where even a semi positive article has a negative headline for clickbait in an era where a lot of people just read headlines that maybe it’s very hard for a current president to win?

I know when Obama won again in 2012 there was social media but the 24 hour news cycle through social media was just starting and it wasn’t to the level it is now
Maybe for a non GOP candidate yes. Too many people to make happy and litmus tests to meet before you’re canceled. GOP you just have to not be too big of an idiot like Trump and you have two terms sealed up.

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
I think people have grasped it.

The issue is that Biden really hasn't done shyt to change anyone lives for the better. I don't think its mostly his fault because this ship is falling, but the economy is not doing good for most Americans.
Manchin and Sinemea are to blame for a lot of stuff not going through when it should've. I don't care if they voted 90% in party lines when the big stuff came they chose to fall out of line, democrats want people to thank them while also hating them which doesn't make sense. I do think the economy isn't in the shytter for the average person but i do think people are looking at prices that are out of Biden's control and blaming him (which was what could've been prevented with the two rogues' help).
I do agree that people aren't envigorated right now like when trump lost in 2020, people were literally jumping out of there cars in traffic to party. Democrats are going to have to figure something out cause it's gonna be a close election again

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Manchin and Sinemea are to blame for a lot of stuff not going through when it should've. I don't care if they voted 90% in party lines when the big stuff came they chose to fall out of line, democrats want people to thank them while also hating them which doesn't make sense. I do think the economy isn't in the shytter for the average person but i do think people are looking at prices that are out of Biden's control and blaming him (which was what could've been prevented with the two rogues' help).
I do agree that people aren't envigorated right now like when trump lost in 2020, people were literally jumping out of there cars in traffic to party. Democrats are going to have to figure something out cause it's gonna be a close election again
Manchin and Sinema definitely hold responsibility, but how hard did Biden really care to force their hands? Manchin went on TV and basically told Biden to fukk himself every Sunday. Sinema didn't get much pressure either.

Also---and very important---this is why the "vote blue no matter who," or "vote red all the time" shyt is stupid. Get involved in the primaries and support the people who will support you. Also get involved in between elections. We don't do that at all in this country.

Voting should be the end result to hard work, not the only work.

For most Americans, life hasn't changed much the last 40 years.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is a very interesting point because outrage is such a big driver of clicks and resulting revenue.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

nah, not really. biden just inherited a bad situation, where he basically took over right before inflation exploded worldwide as we came out of the pandemic, so "his term" just looks bad. him and pelosi take some blame for overspending, but it was pretty much like stepping into a trap

he's also embarrassingly unfit to be president til jan 2029, so there's that :dead:

what's interesting is that if the republicans had nominated someone new and younger, i think the country is gonna naturally "get over/past" inflation between 2024 to 2028. it's either gonna go away, or we'll just be too used to it to be a thing anymore. i think that person would have been perceived as turning shyt around, and won in 2028 pretty easily

unfortunately for them, republicans fukked that up though :mjlol:if trump wins in 2024, the blue wave should be enormous in '28

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
20% of republicans are voting for Nikki Haley in the primary.

Republicans aren’t enthusiastic about Trump, they just understand their mission. Not voting guarantees the other side can do whatever they want. :mjlol:

nikkas were more enthusiastic about Obama than any president in my life, but all the postmortems I see on this site say he was a terrible president.

:mjlol: