WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Not sure

I get it with polls but I do think there is a difference between living and dying with polls and saying they’re all BS and they mean nothing

Yes alot of polls have been off since 2016 but a lot have also been close to accurate so i dont think completely dismissing every poll is good either

I guarantee you Biden and his team aren’t looking at losing 6 points in 3 months
With the Quinnipac poll as meaningless I bet they are at least somewhat concerned
6 months out a poll showing him either behind or ahead is beholden to too many variables. 6 months is a long time from now in these unique political times.

We are in such unchartered territory it puts polls in a perilous place. Should they be completely distrusted? Of course not! They paint a picture for sure! But since 2016 they have had a tougher and tougher path to painting that picture in a full way.

A huge part of it is technology. Polling has relied on phone contact for years. It still does. In 1999 that's awesome. In 2024 when folks pretty much duck any unknown number because of bill collectprs and scams? Not so awesome anymore. If you were out on the street and spent a week asking random adults if they've taken a poll you might get a yes from 10% of them. And that's being generous.

Polls are just another thing at this point that the news networks/outlets to report on at this point. It grabs attention. And it succeeds at grabbing attention.

But a better grasp of this coming election is coming from the following :

The showing of support for Haley. That's a growing problem for 45. It shows discontent in a major major way. Too many people brush this aside.

The support for her even after she dropped out. Then the shifting of that support to Biden. This is a huge statement.

How the Biden admin is handling the Hamas situation. I still say they will get a firm grip on that. Some of that is bias but most of it is how they have performed with everything else so far. Which contrary to a lot of haters belief has been admirable. They get shyt done. And have more to do. They haven't done everything. The House has jammed them up on a lot of shyt. And from their own mouths on purpose! This is undeniable. People see that childishness and are sick of it. Notice you see no polls addressing that in a direct way. It just asks people if they are satisfied or dissatisfied with congress in general.

The economy. It's not perfect but is showing improvements.

I could bring up the court case but I'm waiting on a stickied thread about it. We can get stickied threads about everything else but that's a touchy subject in HL for some reason.

Finally....and this has always been the case....Independentsare under reported in polls.

And they'll decide this election like they did in '20.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Not sure

I get it with polls but I do think there is a difference between living and dying with polls and saying they’re all BS and they mean nothing

Yes alot of polls have been off since 2016 but a lot have also been close to accurate so i dont think completely dismissing every poll is good either

I guarantee you Biden and his team aren’t looking at losing 6 points in 3 months
With the Quinnipac poll as meaningless I bet they are at least somewhat concerned

The results in PA from last night speak volumes more than a poll from 2 weeks ago

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
serious voters don't care about Palestine, certainly not enough for it to affect their vote in an American domestic election, Biden will be alright :ehh:
Everyone's who has a vote is a serious voter, the current geopolitical issues may end up potentially deciding key races and ultimately end up why biden loses the race. Biden campaign needs to realize the severity of the situation let go of the hubris and understand every voters matter. A state like Michigan and Wisconsin could easily decide the election with him depressing a portion of his muslim base. That's not even getting into things like gas prices rising again due to the issues in the middle east. Signing that tiktok ban will have gen z openly rooting against him, most people don't understand civics to understand the severity of the issue. Biden basically has been openly working against his own reelection campaign, he's lucky he's running against another shyttt candidate in trump. We didn't even get into inflation and rising rates.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone's who has a vote is a serious voter? This may be potentially why biden loses the race due to his own hubris I'm deciding what voters matter. A state like Michigan and Wisconsin could easily decide the election with him depressing a portion of his base. That's not even getting into things lime gas prices rising again due to the issues in the middle east. Signing that tiktok ban will have gen z openly rooting against him, most people don't understand civics to understand the severity of the issue. Biden basically has been openly working against his own reelection campaign, he's lucky he's running against another shyttt candidate in trump
here's the problem if your vote solely hinges on Palestine; you're pledging to make Donald Trump president, the man who ran on banning Muslims, and who most recently said about this conflict that "Israel should finish the job"

do you see the problem with how fukking stupid that is? or am i supposed to sit here and pretend that it's not fukking stupid?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
here's the problem if your vote solely hinges on Palestine; you're pledging to make Donald Trump president, the man who ran on banning Muslims, and who most recently said about this conflict that "Israel should finish the job"

do you see the problem with how fukking stupid that is? or am i supposed to sit here and pretend that it's not fukking stupid?
Just like with evangelicals, people decide what is more important to them when it comes to religion. Trump banning someone from coming into a country is less harmful than Biden supporting an ethnic genocide. Yes personally I realize trump would be worse, but the current guy whom is in office is Biden. I been saying this for 6 months, this isn't the election to turn away your voters. Michigan was only a few hundred thousand votes he could lose that by

Suppressing Muslims
Bad economy/rates
Rough housing market for gen z/millennial.

Not to mention he just put himself on the dart board for the tiktok shyt, tiktok is going to run an entire campaign against him now.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just like with evangelicals, people decide what is more important to them when it comes to religion. Trump banning someone from coming into a country is less harmful than Biden supporting an ethnic genocide. Yes personally I realize trump would be worse, but the current guy whom is in office is Biden. I been saying this for 6 months, this isn't the election to turn away your voters. Michigan was only a few hundred thousand votes he could lose that by

Suppressing Muslims
Bad economy/rates
Rough housing market for gen z/millennial.

Not to mention he just put himself on the dart board for the tiktok shyt, tiktok is going to run an entire campaign against him now.
so just to be clear, we've gone from "Trump is a massive threat to this country, and his policies will hurt actual Americans", to "ehh, who gives a fukk if trump wins. something something Palestine 4000 miles away"

good to know :yeshrug:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
so just to be clear, we've gone from "Trump is a massive threat to this country, and his policies will hurt actual Americans", to "ehh, who gives a fukk if trump wins. something something Palestine 4000 miles away"

good to know :yeshrug:
Average person only cares about what impacts them personally:yeshrug: I hope Biden wins but I'm not sure that "Trump is a massive threat to this country, and his policies will hurt actual Americans" works this election, and yes for some Muslims a country 4000 miles away is very important. This isn't the election to be slimming the margins when you already have a terrible approval rating

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Average person only cares about what impacts them personally:yeshrug: I hope Biden wins but I'm not sure that "Trump is a massive threat to this country, and his policies will hurt actual Americans" works this election, and yes for some Muslims a country 4000 miles away is very important. This isn't the election to be slimming the margins when you already have a terrible approval rating
Biden isn't trying to win the Democratic primary. he's the active sitting president in charge of American foreign policy, who's trying to win a general election

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Biden isn't trying to win the Democratic primary. he's the active sitting president in charge of American foreign policy, who's trying to win a general election
Explain to me how pushing away your own voters wins you an election? Trumps on code with his his supporters

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You heard it here folks: Cac Mamba doesn't believe Muslims are 'serious voters'
full